Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm applying to universities this year, I've been looking at law with criminology or law with international relations etc. Anyway, I know that I'm interested in law, but I have never studied it and I don't really know much about it.
So I was wondering whether or not I should have certain knowledge beforehand / should read books, watch documentaries etc. that will help?
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Enjoy your summer. There is no requirement of knowledge of law, or you'd not need to do the degree.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's better to start fresh. Don't overwork yourself over summer because over time you'll learn everything you need to know, they're well aware that a lot of people haven't studied law at A-level.

If you want to read out of interest though, I found the book "Letters to a Law Student" pretty interesting.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you, I'll check it out!
(Original post by MidgetFever)
It's better to start fresh. Don't overwork yourself over summer because over time you'll learn everything you need to know, they're well aware that a lot of people haven't studied law at A-level.

If you want to read out of interest though, I found the book "Letters to a Law Student" pretty interesting.
gd99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unless the uni has set reading for the summer, they won’t be expecting anything other than what was on your application (in terms of A Level knowledge or books which you said you’ve read on your personal statement).
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I also found letters to law student pretty interesting, which I ordered from local library.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.48%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.35%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.18%
I'm really nervous (49)
18.99%

Watched Threads