A-level Edexecel - Rebellion and disorder under the Tudors, 1485–1603

Watch
hallhall
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone, I currently am studying Rebellion and disorder under the Tudors, 1485–1603 for my paper 3, however, I can't seem to find any good revision notes to use. I've tried using the textbook, but I've found that to be full of waffle. I also tried using the condensed book from Amazon but I feel as if that misses out on key information at times. Does anyone have any notes or resources worth, it would be greatly appreciated!
_sianapundick
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone have any predictions for the exam on Wednesday?
Mrs.Grey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel like Mary Queen of Scots will come up bc the movie came out and that's what my history teacher has been saying for time
(Original post by _sianapundick)
Esterella
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think Kett will come up
_sianapundick
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the predictions. Just checking for Section C will there always always be one essay on central government and one essay on local government? So I can focus on one and avoid the other?
Esterella
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the predictions. Just checking for Section C will there always always be one essay on central government and one essay on local government? So I can focus on one and avoid the other?
That’s usually the case. But sometimes they overlap so be careful
hannahdeacon
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone have the questions for last years tudors paper?
_sianapundick
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay thank you and good luck tomorrow!
(Original post by Esterella)
That’s usually the case. But sometimes they overlap so be careful
_sianapundick
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
2018 Exam

Section A:
Assess the value of the source for revealing the extent of the threat posed by the
rebels and the nature of Elizabeth I’s response to the Tyrone Rebellion.
Explain your answer, using the source, the information given about its origin and your own knowledge about the historical context.

Section B:
‘Henry VIII’s religious changes were not seriously threatened in the years 1533–37.’ How far do you agree with this judgement?
OR
‘The causes of the revolt of the northern earls were primarily political.’ How far do you agree with this judgement?

Section C:
‘The re-establishment of the Council of the North in 1537 was the most significant development in involving the localities in governance in the years 1485–1603’. How far do you agree with this judgement?
OR
How far do you agree that the Crown steadily increased control over the Church throughout the years 1485–1603?
(Original post by hannahdeacon)
Does anyone have the questions for last years tudors paper?
David Gannon
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can see Kett's rebellion coming up as a source and Tyrone's rebellion and Henry VII/Henry VIII coming up in Section B. Not sure about Section C though.
hannahdeacon
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you! Hopefully this means no Tyrone’s rebellion thank god
2018 Exam

Section A:
Assess the value of the source for revealing the extent of the threat posed by the
rebels and the nature of Elizabeth I’s response to the Tyrone Rebellion.
Explain your answer, using the source, the information given about its origin and your own knowledge about the historical context.

Section B:
‘Henry VIII’s religious changes were not seriously threatened in the years 1533–37.’ How far do you agree with this judgement?
OR
‘The causes of the revolt of the northern earls were primarily political.’ How far do you agree with this judgement?

Section C:
‘The re-establishment of the Council of the North in 1537 was the most significant development in involving the localities in governance in the years 1485–1603’. How far do you agree with this judgement?
OR
How far do you agree that the Crown steadily increased control over the Church throughout the years 1485–1603?
Esterella
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hannahdeacon)
Thank you! Hopefully this means no Tyrone’s rebellion thank god
It could still come up as a knowledge q- but you can dodge it then
_sianapundick
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did people find the exam?
racked100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was alright, just ran out of energy by the last question. Tudors is quite boring.
Alyssamilroy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What were the questions?
khaxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alyssamilroy)
What were the questions?
Did you ever get the questions?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (456)
51.47%
No (430)
48.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed