The Student Room Group

I'm not interested in her but it hurts to see her with someone else???

Hi guys,

Really confused.

So this girl was expressing a lot of interest me and constantly talked about us going out. As pretty as she is, she's just not my type and when we are/were together the conversation wasn't something I felt was leading anywhere.

I made it very clear I wasn't interested and pushed her away/ignored her etc.

Having seen her with someone else recently, I felt upset? hurt? I simply can't understand why it bothers me.

Honestly, if she asked me out right now I would say no.

So I don't understand why does it bother me when it isn't supposed to?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because you're a scoundrel
You were enjoying the attention, now its going to someone else.
Reply 3
Thanks. !

Bit harsh haha?

Original post by Zarek
Because you're a scoundrel
Reply 4
She is giving someone else attention now thats why you are jealous...good for her for finding someone else and not wasting her time on you.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi gSheuys,

Really confused.

So this girl was expressing a lot of interest me and constantly talked about us going out. As pretty as she is, she's just not my type and when we are/were together the conversation wasn't something I felt was leading anywhere.

Having seen her with someone else recently, I felt upset? hurt? I simply can't understand why it bothers me.

She knows that you are **** blocking which is not fair. I think she she carry on without you and be free. Its only fair!
Reply 6
Right so it's just the attention?

I should just concentrate on other girls...

But I still find it very annoying that I care arrggh.

Original post by chikane
She is giving someone else attention now thats why you are jealous...good for her for finding someone else and not wasting her time on you.
No offence, guess that was best for her. I believe good ppl are for good ppl n bad ppl for bad ppl.
Soz if it’s offensive. But it hurts to see girls getting attached to such guys who do such things.
Reply 8
Hi guys,

Really confused.

It's pretty normal. I've had that too before
Reply 9
So am I bad person just based on not wanting to go out with someone?

People seem to always automatically take a girls side with things like this...
Original post by nha.
No offence, guess that was best for her. I believe good ppl are for good ppl n bad ppl for bad ppl.
Soz if it’s offensive. But it hurts to see girls getting attached to such guys who do such things.

lmao everyone being harsh to this guy

he clearly understands he shouldn't care and doesn't want to care but everyone be like "good for her" "she shouldn't be wasting her time on you"

this forum and it's repetitive **** tires me out sometimes
Because she realised she wasted her time with you. If you ignored her.. that’s just harsh. Too late to get jealous now hun.
(edited 4 years ago)
You always want what you can't have, even if you didn't want it when you could get it.
Reply 13
Original post by HoldThisL

he clearly understands he shouldn't care and doesn't want to care but everyone be like "good for her" "she shouldn't be wasting her time on you"

Yeah, I don't get that tbh. He's not obliged to like her, but apparently he's the bad guy for pushing her away?

Him ignoring/pushing her away doesn't mean he was a **** about it either. Pretty sure 90% of people do the same thing when someone they don't like starts hitting on them. This forum never ceases to amaze me.
Original post by UWS
Yeah, I don't get that tbh. He's not obliged to like her, but apparently he's the bad guy for pushing her away?

Him ignoring/pushing her away doesn't mean he was a **** about it either. Pretty sure 90% of people do the same thing when someone they don't like starts hitting on them. This forum never ceases to amaze me.

and the poor guy just wants advice
So am I bad person just based on not wanting to go out with someone?

Lmao. I was never on the girl side. I’m not the right side. You can’t just ignore someone and push’em away and then regret later what you’ve done. If you couldn’tt appreciate what you had once had. Then you shouldn’t bother wining about it. I don’t get what are you expected? Put yourself in her position. If someone ignored you/pushed you away. You’d prob move on. You always ignore the other aspect. Cheers
Original post by nha.
Lmao. I was never on the girl side. I’m not the right side. You can’t just ignore someone and push’em away and then regret later what you’ve done. If you couldn’tt appreciate what you had once had. Then you shouldn’t bother wining about it. I don’t get what are you expected? Put yourself in her position. If someone ignored you/pushed you away. You’d prob move on. You always ignore the other aspect. Cheers

Agreed.
Everyone’s being way too hard on this guy. I think he just misses the attention, but it’s not a bad thing, it’s perfectly normal, so why is everyone taking the girl’s side? He hasn’t done anything wrong.
Reply 18
Original post by HoldThisL

No, he should just be honest with himself and say that he is jealous and be done with it. He is not in control of her life and nor should he be. He is just looking to rationalise his thoughts with some potential excuses it seems. He is jealous and possibly controlling. Period.
Well obviously he’s jealous, but where do you get controlling from? Just because he didn’t want to go out with her doesn’t make him an ass. He should try to get over his feelings, true, but that does make him a bad person.
Original post by mgi
No, he should just be honest with himself and say that he is jealous and be done with it. He is not in control of her life and nor should he be. He is just looking to rationalise his thoughts with some potential excuses it seems. He is jealous and possibly controlling. Period.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending