Avengers Endgame Opinions Needed [SPOILERS]

Watch
lucaswong
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Was anyone else disappointed that Sam was picked to be the next captain america rather than bucky? In the comics they both do it and in terms of the MCU, I think Bucky would have been a better choice?

Would love opinions as im desperate to talk about this film lol
Laurenmcdo1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lucaswong)
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Was anyone else disappointed that Sam was picked to be the next captain america rather than bucky? In the comics they both do it and in terms of the MCU, I think Bucky would have been a better choice?

i know!!! personally i was surprised that he chose sam over bucky especially as bucky is really steves bestfriend (his day 1), would've been better if they both took over but maybe sam will share his powers or whatever as they're having a new series together.
ItsTomii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I didn’t really care, to be frank. I don’t think Sam is a bad choice and that it won’t wholly affect the way things pan out from here.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lucaswong)
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

God yes.

I was willing to bet money that they would either make Bucky the new Cap or retire the mantle altogether. Bucky had the right power set to do it justice, but more importantly he had the right character arc- he has deep childhood ties with Steve going back nearly a century, he's suffered horrific physical and mental traumas in the pursuit of serving his country, and has had the best redemption story arc of anyone in the MCU except maybe Nebula, leaving him ready to carve a new identity. Everything we've been shown of Bucky over the last decade has positioned him perfectly to take over from Cap, and instead they give the most important mantle in the MCU to a guy they've invested almost zero time into developing beyond making his wings a bit cooler.

Sam and Bucky are actually getting their own TV show on the new Disney streaming service, I'm hoping this marks the end of their time in the MCU films rather than trying to shoehorn Sam into a character he is not remotely interesting enough to do well.
Oófie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't actually think that Bucky would have accepted the mantel, because of what he did when he was unaware of his actions. As proved in the Wakanda scene with Cap and T'Challa, where he asks to be frozen until he is in control of his actions. Cap says that it wasn't Bucky's fault, but Bucky combats this with "but I still did it". This just shows that he wouldn't want to carry the responsibility. And what's more is that Cap knows his best friend so well that he knows that this is how Bucky will respond without even asking him, which is why he heads straight to Sam.

I think.
lucaswong
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Completely agree with everything you've said, hopefully the show isn't throwaway though, since I find Bucky a very interesting character who deserves some actual screentime for his storyline for once lol
(Original post by Gofre)
God yes.

I was willing to bet money that they would either make Bucky the new Cap or retire the mantle altogether. Bucky had the right power set to do it justice, but more importantly he had the right character arc- he has deep childhood ties with Steve going back nearly a century, he's suffered horrific physical and mental traumas in the pursuit of serving his country, and has had the best redemption story arc of anyone in the MCU except maybe Nebula, leaving him ready to carve a new identity. Everything we've been shown of Bucky over the last decade has positioned him perfectly to take over from Cap, and instead they give the most important mantle in the MCU to a guy they've invested almost zero time into developing beyond making his wings a bit cooler.

Sam and Bucky are actually getting their own TV show on the new Disney streaming service, I'm hoping this marks the end of their time in the MCU films rather than trying to shoehorn Sam into a character he is not remotely interesting enough to do well.
MovieCritic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The only complaint about Avengers: Endgame is that it raises the bar so high that there may well never be a superhero movie to match it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.13%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.24%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.84%

Watched Threads