The Student Room Group

Do exam boards make a difference?

So for my uni course I need at least a BBC (112 points) and they preferably want national curriculum subjects

The subjects in considering doing for a-levels are:

Sociology - aqa
Law - ocr
Maths - aqa
And Art (not sure, probably aqa)

I definetly want to do sociology...(am predicted a 6, aiming for 7 at gcse) and cud definetly get at least a B (I think)

But I'm not sure between law and maths as I don't know what to expect...(cud get anywhere between a 5 and a 7 in maths depending on grade boundaries)

And for art, I have an idea of how to get a decent grade due to youtube videos (at least a C) and think I will get a grade 5 at gcse...since u need to hand in art work earlier, it cud be less stressful as I don't need to revise for it?

How hard are the exam boards for these subjects? What wud it take to get B's in them?
Original post by Zabidoo
So for my uni course I need at least a BBC (112 points) and they preferably want national curriculum subjects

The subjects in considering doing for a-levels are:

Sociology - aqa
Law - ocr
Maths - aqa
And Art (not sure, probably aqa)

I definetly want to do sociology...(am predicted a 6, aiming for 7 at gcse) and cud definetly get at least a B (I think)

But I'm not sure between law and maths as I don't know what to expect...(cud get anywhere between a 5 and a 7 in maths depending on grade boundaries)

And for art, I have an idea of how to get a decent grade due to youtube videos (at least a C) and think I will get a grade 5 at gcse...since u need to hand in art work earlier, it cud be less stressful as I don't need to revise for it?

How hard are the exam boards for these subjects? What wud it take to get B's in them?

See how your GCSE go.
What is the course for?
Talk to your teachers.
Look at the specifications and see what interests you.
Maths is the most solid subject, but its all about grades.

Art is always a risk and many people dont work hard enough then get behind on coursework and end up being overwhelmed. It is a risk that it could put your others at risk.

Does the combination work for you because it makes available the course you want and you can get the best grades in.
In most cases exam boards make no difference and its not as though you can change.

Quick Reply

Latest