The Student Room Group

National Youth Theatre or lead in a Edinburgh Fringe show?

Hi Guys!

I'm in a bit of a tricky situation and thought I'd come on here to get some responses and advice from you guys. In January I auditioned for NYT, not thinking at all I'd get in (1st time) and just doing it cos I've never really done any professional auditions before and want to start doing some.
Then, I auditioned for a school production; we are taking an all new adaptation of a well known novel up to the fringe in the summer (1st time the school's ever done this) and I got the lead, so that's the biggest part I've ever got in a play, and we've had our first few rehearsals.

A few days ago I found out I've been accepted for NYT (1 in 600, where 6000 auditioned) and the dates for the 'introductory course' that gain me access to all the benefits (such as their shows, forums etc) fall on the week I would be in Edinburgh and the week preceding it. There is no alternative and I can't even miss a single day of the course (which is fair enough) let alone a few days.

What do you guys think I should pick? They're both super amazing opportunities but I need to pick soon. Has anyone done NYT before, is it worth it etc. Any information, opinion or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending