The Student Room Group

Why am I not motivated to revise at all?

So today marks an official week from my first GCSE (Computer Science p1) but I'm not motivated at all to revise. Everytime I try and revise for any subject, I can't focus and it just stresses me out. I really want to do well but it seems like I'm just going to fail.

Did anyone else feel like this before their GCSE's ?
Any advice anyone can give me to maybe focus more or be more motivated ?

Honestly, just a reply would be appreciated right now.
Reply 1
The reason why most people don't feel motivated is because we don't see the true purpose of what we are doing.

If you lived in a third-world country and just came to the UK, you would probably cry tears of happiness while revising because of the opportunity that you have. We don't see that.
You summed it up perfectly :biggrin:
Don't worry @ayairos I'm just like you with my first exam on the 13th
We're all good! Just revise as much as you can
Original post by Xarao
The reason why most people don't feel motivated is because we don't see the true purpose of what we are doing.

If you lived in a third-world country and just came to the UK, you would probably cry tears of happiness while revising because of the opportunity that you have. We don't see that.
Reply 3
Yes, 100%. I'm an A level student now, but before GCSE's, I was a weird mix of stressed but also completely over the whole process at the same time.I found just going through the contents page of textbooks really helpful- looking at the name of a topic helped me remember how I felt about it when I first learnt it and whether or not I needed to practice. Also, seeing a list reminded me that I had already done a lot more than I thought I had, and it really gave me a confidence boost to continue revising.Just remember it's only a couple of months and then you can relax for the summer.Good luck!
Reply 4
my first exam is biology on the 14th i don’t feel stressed, neither do the majority of my friends… when i want to motivate myself i think of my future and how it would be ruined if i don’t study, and how frickin hard it would be to find a job
Original post by sarahhhf
my first exam is biology on the 14th i don’t feel stressed, neither do the majority of my friends… when i want to motivate myself i think of my future and how it would be ruined if i don’t study, and how frickin hard it would be to find a job

Mine is the 14th too and struggle with motivation. But as it’s getting closer I’m starting to get more anxious and starting to stress a lot more😫
according to some examiners insight meeting, the biology paper 1 aqa and edexcel is going to be considerably harder than it has in previous years because examiners know that students and teachers are getting better at spotting trends and patterns in recent past papers
Original post by sarahhhf
Reply 7
Original post by Xxells9837
Mine is the 14th too and struggle with motivation. But as it’s getting closer I’m starting to get more anxious and starting to stress a lot more😫

Original post by Xxells9837

literally same but i’m not stressing and it’s bad... i have 9 other subjects to study for as well arghhhh at last my art is out of the way now
Reply 8
Original post by Aryan3031
according to some examiners insight meeting, the biology paper 1 aqa and edexcel is going to be considerably harder than it has in previous years because examiners know that students and teachers are getting better at spotting trends and patterns in recent past papers

please no biology is hard enough 😂😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending