How to hang things without damaging the wall ? RHUL

Watch
flore84
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys i will be living in Royal Holloway's halls next year and i would like to decorate my room...but in the accomodation guide, they say that we could be charged if we damage our wall...
Are the walls indeed perfectly clear ?
Any tips to hang my posters and stuff without damaging the wall? And if possible, something not so too expensive
thxx
Yassssmi01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Blue tack is cheap and it don’t damage walls
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by flore84)
Hi guys i will be living in Royal Holloway's halls next year and i would like to decorate my room...but in the accomodation guide, they say that we could be charged if we damage our wall...
Are the walls indeed perfectly clear ?
Any tips to hang my posters and stuff without damaging the wall? And if possible, something not so too expensive
thxx
People tend to use command strips (a pack of 4 is about £2.50 on Amazon), as they can *mostly* be removed from the wall without causing damage. Blue tack and white tack can leave oily marks on the paintwork, so aren't ideal.

Attaching anything to your room's walls requires risking the paintwork, so unless you know of a good way to cover it up yourself, then maybe it's best to leave the walls bare and only use the pinboard in your room.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.74%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.75%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.07%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.93%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.37%

Watched Threads