Nikitaj98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi Guys, I'm hoping to go through clearing to get a place at the University of Liverpool in September studying Law. I've been given conditional offers from all the unis I applied too and set my firm to Liverpool John Moore's, and Insurance to Keele. The condition is that I pass the current OU module that I am doing (I'm predicted a distinction). I don't have full A Levels, but I do have 4 AS Levels (Law - A, Politics - B, Literature - B, History- C) I also have a few level 3 certificates and I work in a law firm as a paralegal currently. After a bit of research I think I potentially may be able to get into the Uni of Liverpool, I would be looking to try and go through clearing (but only after I call them up to ask if they would consider before asking to be released) I'm wondering if the clearing lines open in July for this University or if I would have to wait till results day (I get my OU result in July) also has anyone else got experiences going through clearing without standard A-levels?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Nikitaj98)
Hi Guys, I'm hoping to go through clearing to get a place at the University of Liverpool in September studying Law. I've been given conditional offers from all the unis I applied too and set my firm to Liverpool John Moore's, and Insurance to Keele. The condition is that I pass the current OU module that I am doing (I'm predicted a distinction). I don't have full A Levels, but I do have 4 AS Levels (Law - A, Politics - B, Literature - B, History- C) I also have a few level 3 certificates and I work in a law firm as a paralegal currently. After a bit of research I think I potentially may be able to get into the Uni of Liverpool, I would be looking to try and go through clearing (but only after I call them up to ask if they would consider before asking to be released) I'm wondering if the clearing lines open in July for this University or if I would have to wait till results day (I get my OU result in July) also has anyone else got experiences going through clearing without standard A-levels?
According to the UCAS search tool, Liverpool Uni still have vacancies in Law, so I would phone their Admissions this week, rather than waiting for Clearing to begin in July. If they encourage you to apply, you would need to reject your existing offers in order to apply to Liverpool now, which you could do via UCAS Extra
Nikitaj98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hey! Thanks for the quick response. Because I applied some time ago and had to accept my offers I can't reject these in UCAS as I've already set my firm and insurance choice some time ago, I was under the impression I would have to go into clearing since I've accepted these offers?

Thanks
(Original post by harrysbar)
According to the UCAS search tool, Liverpool Uni still have vacancies in Law, so I would phone their Admissions this week, rather than waiting for Clearing to begin in July. If they encourage you to apply, you would need to reject your existing offers in order to apply to Liverpool now, which you could do via UCAS Extra
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
you need to ring the universities to ask to be released and contact UCAS. When done you can apply to Liverpool. Ring Liverpool first before asking to be released.
Hey! Thanks for the quick response. Because I applied some time ago and had to accept my offers I can't reject these in UCAS as I've already set my firm and insurance choice some time ago, I was under the impression I would have to go into clearing since I've accepted these offers?

Thanks
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

Thanks
You can decline your UCAS offers at any time, you don't need to wait until Clearing.

However, I wouldn't advise you to decline your offers until you are sure that Liverpool uni do indeed have vacancies in Law (sometimes the UCAS website is out of date) and that they are keen for you to apply. If they are encouraging enough, you may feel that it is worth the risk of declining your current offers in order to be free to apply to Liverpool Uni via Extra.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?