The Student Room Group

Geography igcse may 7th 2019

what are your predictions for tomorrow's igcse geography exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amishi
what are your predictions for tomorrow's igcse geography exam?

Torture.

Just kidding.

Not.

I'm terrified. I know each case study half-heartedly, but I don't know any of them solidly.
Same! I barely know some of the case studies exist. Just going to have to wing it.
Original post by tigerdingo
Torture.

Just kidding.

Not.

I'm terrified. I know each case study half-heartedly, but I don't know any of them solidly.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power (6 marks)
Torture.

Just kidding.

Not.

Original post by NadineAhmedHelmy
What are the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power (6 marks)

Advantages
- only small amounts of uranium needed to produce large amounts of energy; won't run out for a long time
- greenhouse gases not produced, so doesn't enhance global warming
- running costs are not expensive

Disadvantages
- nuclear waste produced; hard to dispose of
- if accidents occur, they can be deadly and kill many people e.g. Chernobyl
- people may oppose to having nuclear power stations built, due to the risks

There's other stuff that I can't remember at the moment.
Yep that's really good! You would have gotten the full 6 marks I think!

You can also say that it doesn't require as much fuel, and the fact that it can be easily stored underground. Also, the fact that it's a target for terrorist attacks and that it needs a lot of water for cooling

How do you normally revise?
Advantages
- only small amounts of uranium needed to produce large amounts of energy; won't run out for a long time
- greenhouse gases not produced, so doesn't enhance global warming
- running costs are not expensive

Disadvantages
- nuclear waste produced; hard to dispose of
- if accidents occur, they can be deadly and kill many people e.g. Chernobyl
- people may oppose to having nuclear power stations built, due to the risks

There's other stuff that I can't remember at the moment.
Yep that's really good! You would have gotten the full 6 marks I think!

You can also say that it doesn't require as much fuel, and the fact that it can be easily stored underground. Also, the fact that it's a target for terrorist attacks and that it needs a lot of water for cooling

I make flashcards for each topic, but I didn't make ones for the last few topics until the end of the Easter holidays... so I've kinda been cramming. I've been trying to absorb information from them, and for the past 3 days, I've done... 2 past papers. Something like that.

I procrastinate way too much. I could've got so much more done in the past 3 days, but I didn't.

How about you?
I have digital notes for each section that I've been making throughout the year, so basically to revise I go over all of these digital notes by reading them out loud, and typing the important information up again (I hate doing stuff traditionally). And then I do past papers to revise, and make flashcards.

I also didn't have enough time to do as many past papers as I wanted to, but I used my old flashcards from my mocks to revise so yeah. As for case studies, yeah they can go to hell cuz no way in hell am I learning them all.
How about you?
How did you find it?
How did you find it?

It was reasonable...never expected it lol
The variant 2 was quite average but I think Im gonna end up with a C because theme 3 i ****ed up :smile:
Let’s discuss the answers?
Original post by Asian pikachu
The variant 2 was quite average but I think Im gonna end up with a C because theme 3 i ****ed up :smile:
I did Variant 2 and to be honest, I found it very difficult. The case study for the first question was really difficult and wasn't even on the syllabus!!!!!!!!!!!
How did you find it?

Which questions did you do? I did Question 1, 4 and 5.
Original post by panagiotiscordis
Let’s discuss the answers?
I did 1, 4 and 6
Variant 3 here, everyone came out of the exam with a smile on their face. I personally did 1, 4 and 5, the topics were really nice in my opinion. I would say that the grade boundaries are going to increase this year for variant 3 without a doubt.
I did 1,4 and 6. The case study for 1 we went through in year 10 and i guess we do China?
Haha no way im gonna do the 3 river thingy
I did Variant 2 and to be honest, I found it very difficult. The case study for the first question was really difficult and wasn't even on the syllabus!!!!!!!!!!!

Which questions did you do? I did Question 1, 4 and 5.
I did 1,4 and 5. Was good.
Reply 18
i did variant 2- 1, 4 and 5. im a little worried cuz i had a brain fart and i messed up one of the three markers :frown:
Reply 19
did any of ur friends do all 6 questions? there were quite a few in my school that did

Quick Reply

Latest