What is to stop a far right nazi like party gaining power in the UK? Watch

maachu_pichuu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What is to stop a far right nazi like party gaining power in the UK? If they decided to gas a minority of people, who would stop them? Why does the UK promote democracy, but not care about liberty?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what they are going to
have for lunch.Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote".

Benjamin Franklin

Why doesn't the UK give handguns to its citizens so they have absolute liberty from a tyrannical government and criminals?
spongob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Liberty would mean allowing everyone to keep their money instead of giving it to government, allowing people to own guns for self defence, etc... and the far-left has also committed genocides of itself (read up on their activities in the USSR, China or SEA).
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
British voters are sensible.
maachu_pichuu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew97)
British voters are sensible.
In what way? We are pretty much going to have a right wing party win the European Elections, what if they won the General Election through proportional representation in the future and put forward policies that involved segregating people?

I would not depend on democracy to secure my freedom.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by maachu_pichuu)
In what way? We are pretty much going to have a right wing party win the European Elections, what if they won the General Election through proportional representation in the future and put forward policies that involved segregating people?

I would not depend on democracy to secure my freedom.
By right wing party I assume you are referring to the Brexit party.

The Brexit party is not a far right Nazi like party. And they will not segregate people.
maachu_pichuu
Rep:
?
By right wing party I assume you are referring to the Brexit party.

The Brexit party is not a far right Nazi like party. And they will not segregate people.
Yes but isn't this how hitler got into power. I just feel people should have guns to defend themselves from a government who wants to hurt its own people.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes but isn't this how hitler got into power. I just feel people should have guns to defend themselves from a government who wants to hurt its own people.
No, Hitler did not get into power by winning a European Election. Hitler’s rise to power were an extreme set of circumstances. Guns wouldn’t stop somebody getting elected, and your comparison between Nazis and the Brexit party is ridiculous.
Last edited by Andrew97; 2 weeks ago
maachu_pichuu
Rep:
?
No, Hitler did not get into power by winning a European Election. Hitler’s rise to power were an extreme set of circumstances
Tell me how a nation which doesn't allow its citizens the basic right of self defence with a firearm won't end up at some point in the next 100 years being put in a situation where its own citizens are killed by the government.

Look at Venezuela, the military is killing protestors freely.
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'll stop them. I took on Hitler single handedly and imma do the same to these guys.
maachu_pichuu
Rep:
?
No, Hitler did not get into power by winning a European Election. Hitler’s rise to power were an extreme set of circumstances. Guns wouldn’t stop somebody getting elected, and your comparison between Nazis and the Brexit party is ridiculous.
Guns will stop a nazi like party trying to get me out of my home and gas me.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Tell me how a nation which doesn't allow its citizens the basic right of self defence with a firearm won't end up at some point in the next 100 years being put in a situation where its own citizens are killed by the government.

Look at Venezuela, the military is killing protestors freely.
The majority of civilised nations manage fine without the need for guns and you don’t need guns for self defence. The issues in Venezuela have nothing to do with the rights of citizens to arm themselves.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Guns will stop a nazi like party trying to get me out of my home and gas me.
No, it wouldn’t.
1) that’s not gonna happen in the U.K anyway
2) in this situation they will have bigger guns than you. They would just blast the house to smithereens
maachu_pichuu
Rep:
?
The majority of civilised nations manage fine without the need for guns and you don’t need guns for self defence. The issues in Venezuela have nothing to do with the rights of citizens to arm themselves.
You wouldn't be saying that if you were a jewish person in Germany in 1940. If the citizens had guns in Venezuela, they would have overthrown Maduro a long time ago. You fail to understand the concept between democracy and liberty, the UK is democratic, but it lacks liberty.
maachu_pichuu
Rep:
?
No, it wouldn’t.
1) that’s not gonna happen in the U.K anyway
2) in this situation they will have bigger guns than you. They would just blast the house to smithereens
You can be sure of 1), regarding 2), I would rather fight dying than be put in a concentration camp and gassed.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You wouldn't be saying that if you were a jewish person in Germany in 1940. If the citizens had guns in Venezuela, they would have overthrown Maduro a long time ago. You fail to understand the concept between democracy and liberty, the UK is democratic, but it lacks liberty.
1940s Germany was a not civilised democracy.

If all Venezuelans were armed, there would currently be a civil war which would be crushed and leaders executed.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
British aren't thick
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
maachu_pichuu
Rep:
?
1940s Germany was a not civilised democracy.

If all Venezuelans were armed, there would currently be a civil war which would be crushed and leaders executed.
I'm just saying, if something economically strong and civilised like Germany fell into the hands of a mad man, what is it to stop it happening in the UK. You are right, Venezuela would be in a civil war and would eventually form a stable government.
maachu_pichuu
Rep:
?
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
British aren't thick
Thick enough to vote for brexit though.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What is to stop a far right nazi like party gaining power in the UK? If they decided to gas a minority of people, who would stop them? Why does the UK promote democracy, but not care about liberty?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what they are going to
have for lunch.Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote".

Benjamin Franklin

Why doesn't the UK give handguns to its citizens so they have absolute liberty from a tyrannical government and criminals?
The far right is possible, but I think it would take more.
maachu_pichuu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wired_1800)
The far right is possible, but I think it would take more.
So why don't we allow citizens to have handguns for self defence? What if soldiers came and dragged you out of your own home like Uganda of the 1970s under Idi Amin?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (136)
25%
The paper was reasonable (240)
44.12%
Not feeling great about that exam (105)
19.3%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.58%

Watched Threads