A-Level Psychology: Writing down only needed information

Watch
gandalfhan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys,

So my dilemma is that I don't know what information I need to include in my revision nodes. Because my textbook has so much in-depth information I just don't know what to note down so remembering all the stuff is possible.

For example in my psychology textbook (the cat walking on books) in biopsychology section, there's so much written about the synaptic transmission that there's too much to remember. So I'm just confused about what to include since obviously not all of the information is needed.
cover10
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gandalfhan)
Hey guys,

So my dilemma is that I don't know what information I need to include in my revision nodes. Because my textbook has so much in-depth information I just don't know what to note down so remembering all the stuff is possible.

For example in my psychology textbook (the cat walking on books) in biopsychology section, there's so much written about the synaptic transmission that there's too much to remember. So I'm just confused about what to include since obviously not all of the information is needed.
I know the struggle, my teacher always gives way too much information regardless of it being in the spec or not. For condensing some notes I would recommend the AQA textbooks being the pink/green hair girl books as they don't overload on info. However, for synaptic transmission you really only need to understand the diagram (labelling and names) and then the order in which it occurs (impulse --> neurotransmitter firing --> diffusing across gap --> binding to receptor sites).

but for A2 content, e.g. how SSRI's work in treatment, you may need a little more detail. hope this helped
gandalfhan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by cover10)
I know the struggle, my teacher always gives way too much information regardless of it being in the spec or not. For condensing some notes I would recommend the AQA textbooks being the pink/green hair girl books as they don't overload on info. However, for synaptic transmission you really only need to understand the diagram (labelling and names) and then the order in which it occurs (impulse --> neurotransmitter firing --> diffusing across gap --> binding to receptor sites).

but for A2 content, e.g. how SSRI's work in treatment, you may need a little more detail. hope this helped
Thank you a lot! It does help a lot and I just had a look at that textbook but it doesn't give a lot in the preview so I will see when I get my order tomorrow!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (124)
42.91%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
15.57%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (115)
39.79%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
1.73%

Watched Threads