Anyone on here ever experienced a psychotic episode? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm 18 and back in September I experienced psychosis where I thought that people were out to get me. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, I have psychosis, have done so for nearly 9.5 years now! Developed it in Jan 2010.

Sorry to hear about your experiences. Was there any context to how you were feeling?

Hope you have good support in place :yes:
Tamimur
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Yes, I have psychosis, have done so for nearly 9.5 years now! Developed it in Jan 2010.

Sorry to hear about your experiences. Was there any context to how you were feeling?

Hope you have good support in place :yes:
How did you develop it? Was it gradual or did you wake up one day with that feeling? I'm a little curious
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you the original thread poster? If so you've come off Anon! :eek:

I'd been hearing voices long before that but I don't personally regard those voices as psychosis - it's more just the way my brain works. In autumn 2008, I had a very brief acute period of psychosis where I thought my university tutors were trying to kill me :erm: It passed quite quickly and there was a context to those thoughts, so I didn't think that much of it.

Then in autumn 2009, a newer set of voices appeared. They were very different to the voices I had heard before, talking about different things and in a different (more sinister) tone of voice Then I had the breakdown in January 2010. So I guess you could say there was a slow build-up to it :yes:
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I experienced an episode of psychosis in 2017 and another one two weeks later. This is what I can gather looking back, there might be a chemical imbalance in my brain but this is my theory . It started with depression during university and after I graduated it got worse as nothing in my life was going right and I experienced a lot of disappointment professionally. I also had financial distress, I am also sensitive to people who kiss ass and are mean spirited at the work place. Basically the emotional distress and especially if you are the type of person who overthinks things, or you always find yourself deep into thought,you can develop mental illness. My psychosis were delusional thoughts related to events that were talking place at the time and my imagination was replacing my reality (pretty embarrassing). I've always been independent with no financial help from family.

Emotional distress and life stress, hardship and consuming yourself of things you have no control over is a good recipe for mental illness. On the other hand there might be a chemical imbalance in your brain and an event will trigger a psychotic episode. I have been off medication for a month now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.77%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.26%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.06%

Watched Threads