7 highers? Watch

mijmartin03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm now that I'm picking my highers, one of my teachers has made strong hints that they'd be willing to help me self study their subject next year. Is there anyone reading this who's self studied a higher and could give some pro/cons?

(note: normally I'd be doing 5 highers but I'm bilingual French/English so ez 6th Higher)
Strelzo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mijmartin03)
I'm now that I'm picking my highers, one of my teachers has made strong hints that they'd be willing to help me self study their subject next year. Is there anyone reading this who's self studied a higher and could give some pro/cons?

(note: normally I'd be doing 5 highers but I'm bilingual French/English so ez 6th Higher)
I'm not doing highers this year; next year I am, but I have had many cousins who have took them, and I know the level that they require personally from the word of my teachers. If you're really motivated and are dedicated, then go for it. I would definitely not advise it however, as the work would be out of the roof. That level of study is probably equivalent to studying 3 advanced highers. At the end of the day, it's up to yourself, if you believe you can do it, then who's stopping you? I'd just be concerned that it may interfere with some of your other subjects, making your next year a living hell.
leavemeblank
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I did 6 when all my peers did 5. At the time it seems cool but in the long run it’s just extra stress and it doesn’t really show for much to be honest. Even if your a straight A student, fifth year is hell and the fact your doing 6 already is very impressive. Go for the 7th if you want, it just depends on how hard you’re prepared to work and how much stress you can cope with. Personally looking back I’d have prepared to focus a bit more on my other ones. Remember you’ve always got sixth year if you’re choosing to stay on! Also, really depends on what those 7 subjects would be.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mijmartin03)

I think it depends on what subjects they are and your current level etc.

Since you're bilingual in French, I probably wouldn't even consider that as an extra subject for you as you'd pass it easily. Why don't you just do Higher French by 'self-learning' it and do the other Higher regularly?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (402)
30.69%
The paper was reasonable (514)
39.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (225)
17.18%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.9%

Watched Threads