The Student Room Group

The Vampire Diaries Ending

*DISCLAIMER* : SPOILERS AHEAD

okay so I’m like so annoyed with the ending. I finished the show months ago but I still can’t get over it 😂.
I feel like Stefan didn’t even have to die!!? Ugh.
How do you feel about the ending?
Reply 1
Original post by xoxo.demi

okay so I’m like so annoyed with the ending. I finished the show months ago but I still can’t get over it 😂.

I always found re-watching an entire series after the final episode helps lesson the sense of loss. Or at least that's what I had to do to stop the tears :cry2:
TVD became actual sh*t after the 4th season IMO, so I didn't really care about the ending...
Original post by 8472
I always found re-watching an entire series after the final episode helps lesson the sense of loss. Or at least that's what I had to do to stop the tears :cry2:

My friends have done that and tbh I think that’s a good idea. But I just have a lot of other shows I’m watching right now😂. I might rewatch season 6, it’s my favourite season. Thanks for the tip!
Original post by anonymous1231231
TVD became actual sh*t after the 4th season IMO, so I didn't really care about the ending...

Really? Not gonna lie it got quite boring when Katherine died. She just made the show better! Season 4 was really good as well, but season 7 was probably the worse.
Really? Not gonna lie it got quite boring when Katherine died. She just made the show better! Season 4 was really good as well, but season 7 was probably the worse.

That's what I'm saying. Seasons 5 to the end were terrible tbh, and Elena's death didn't make sense in the context. WHY DID ENZO DIE? Bonnie was finally happy ffs.
That's what I'm saying. Seasons 5 to the end were terrible tbh, and Elena's death didn't make sense in the context. WHY DID ENZO DIE? Bonnie was finally happy ffs.

Kinda agree. Looking back at the early seasons it was much better than the last. And I know, Enzo was my favourite character, and him and Bonnie were my fave couple! I never really was a huge Delena shipper ever. 🤷🏼*♀️
Kinda agree. Looking back at the early seasons it was much better than the last. And I know, Enzo was my favourite character, and him and Bonnie were my fave couple! I never really was a huge Delena shipper ever. 🤷🏼*♀️

Nahh delena was still better than stelena. there was zero chemistry and stefan was only really annoying, too righteous
Nahh delena was still better than stelena. there was zero chemistry and stefan was only really annoying, too righteous

I love Stefan, much more than Damon. I personally think Elena changed when it came to season 5, and that’s where I preferred her new self with Damon rather than Stefan. But the first seasons, I ship her with Stefan. Stefan was better for her than Damon imo.
I love Stefan, much more than Damon. I personally think Elena changed when it came to season 5, and that’s where I preferred her new self with Damon rather than Stefan. But the first seasons, I ship her with Stefan. Stefan was better for her than Damon imo.

I always saw Stefan as a safe option - a relationship in which you get kinda complacent, and see the person as more of a stable life partner than a romantic partner. Her and Damon were good for each other imo, they had more chemistry and they grew together. Stefan didn't really help develop Elena like Damon did.
Reply 10

happiness always ends and i guess they wanted to show how bonnie, prolly the strongest female in the show was handling the situation and how she was coping with it even thi we all loved enzo and loved their relationship so much!
Original post by najmanl
happiness always ends and i guess they wanted to show how bonnie, prolly the strongest female in the show was handling the situation and how she was coping with it even thi we all loved enzo and loved their relationship so much!

Happiness doesn't always end though, and you can be strong without having another person in her life leaving her. They did Bonnie DIRTY. She was left with nothing, but was the one everyone relied on:frown:
I always saw Stefan as a safe option - a relationship in which you get kinda complacent, and see the person as more of a stable life partner than a romantic partner. Her and Damon were good for each other imo, they had more chemistry and they grew together. Stefan didn't really help develop Elena like Damon did.

True. But that’s what I liked about Stefan. He respected Elenas decisions and listened to her. Which Damon did not do. I guess that’s what I didn’t like about Delena. But you’re right, they had a lot more chemistry! Damon would fight so much for her which I loved.
Original post by najmanl

Yeah. Bonnie is my fave female character.
True. But that’s what I liked about Stefan. He respected Elenas decisions and listened to her. Which Damon did not do. I guess that’s what I didn’t like about Delena. But you’re right, they had a lot more chemistry! Damon would fight so much for her which I loved.

I think Damon at the start was a lot more selfish, and again he was the riskier option. But Stefan was safe! Without chemistry what's the point? Yeah exactly, Damon and Elena were a lot more passionate about each other - they fought for so long. I can't say the same about Stefan
I think Damon at the start was a lot more selfish, and again he was the riskier option. But Stefan was safe! Without chemistry what's the point? Yeah exactly, Damon and Elena were a lot more passionate about each other - they fought for so long. I can't say the same about Stefan

Yup. I love the character development of Damon throughout the whole 8 seasons. And it all happened because of Elena. They’re good for each other.
Happiness doesn't always end though, and you can be strong without having another person in her life leaving her. They did Bonnie DIRTY. She was left with nothing, but was the one everyone relied on:frown:

Agree!

The ending in my opinion was very good and emotional and I thought they couldn’t have left it on a nicer note. However, it did have me in tears as I thought it was so sweet that Stefen saved his brother but it was very sad that he had to die.

Quick Reply

Latest