The Student Room Group

why is english GCSE evil ;(

idk what it is about english but no matter how good i do i always get a bad grade. in our last mocks i got 75% in both lliterature papers and that got me a 6. why is it so hard to score good? what do i need, 99% to get a 7?
and what do u even do when you get a weird question. something like, "how does shakespeare present the relationship between the Nurse and Capulet" or probably "how does shakespeare present Tybalt as a loveable character" [insert extract of tybalt threatening romeo]
plz why is english like this ;(
Relate
Reply 2
That grade threshold for a 6 is unusually high. To be quite frank, the chances that you'll get thresholds that harsh are slim enough for you not to worry.
(edited 4 years ago)
Mood. English is such a horrible subject.
100% agree and for creative writing you have to write a ton of bull
Reply 5
Original post by YukioLukio

Not true at all. Some great stories can be written in the creative writing section.
Reply 6
Innit, i never know what to write for those so i write down some forced devices like similies but nope not good enough, even though it says so on the mark scheme.
And the thing with english is u cant even tell if ur right or wrong, grade 7 essays look almost identical to grade 9 essays....
Like wat
Original post by YukioLukio

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending