55% in contract law exam -50% of the module
50% in Public Law l exam - 100% of the module
24% in Criminal Law exam - 30% of the module

In my second semester I will do:
Public Law ll exam - 100% of the module
English legal system in practice essay - 100% of the module
Contract law exam - 50% of the module
Criminal law essay - 70% of the module

Is ignoring possible for me to achieve a 2:1 ??
Bitesizelaw
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is very difficult to predict, but the majority of your marks are in the 2:2 range, and you have failed an element in crime with a very low mark (24%). You need to do the maths to see what you need to achieve in your semester II marks in order to obtain a 2:1 overall.

However, you need to be realistic and not expect a 2:1 this year.

On a positive note, your marks should improve. Work hard next year to ensure that you obtain the grade that you are truly capable of. Read all the feedback on your work carefully. I'm not clear why you have a 100% practice essay in ELS when you have already passed 100% of the assessment in semester I, but I would encourage you complete all practice assessments.

Good luck.
(Original post by Alejandro19)
I want to know how likely I’m to get an 2:1 in my first year
This is what I’ve got from my first semester:
68% in English Legal System essay - 100% of the module
55% in contract law exam -50% of the module
50% in Public Law l exam - 100% of the module
24% in Criminal Law exam - 30% of the module

In my second semester I will do:
Public Law ll exam - 100% of the module
English legal system in practice essay - 100% of the module
Contract law exam - 50% of the module
Criminal law essay - 70% of the module

Is ignoring possible for me to achieve a 2:1 ??
Alejandro19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I did English legal system in first semester and now I'm doing English legal system in practice. They are two different modules.
Also, should I be expecting to get a 2:2 as an overall since my marks for the first semester were not that good. I had very little revision for my exams in the first semester because of personal circumstances so I'll definitely do better now.
I'm just a bit worried that I might end up failing the whole year because of my first semester results.
(Original post by Bitesizelaw)
It is very difficult to predict, but the majority of your marks are in the 2:2 range, and you have failed an element in crime with a very low mark (24%). You need to do the maths to see what you need to achieve in your semester II marks in order to obtain a 2:1 overall.

However, you need to be realistic and not expect a 2:1 this year.

On a positive note, your marks should improve. Work hard next year to ensure that you obtain the grade that you are truly capable of. Read all the feedback on your work carefully. I'm not clear why you have a 100% practice essay in ELS when you have already passed 100% of the assessment in semester I, but I would encourage you complete all practice assessments.

Good luck.
Bitesizelaw
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If your pass mark is 40%, it's unlikley that you would fail the whole year. However, you should check your assessement regulations (they will be in your handbook or on the uni's website) to see if the 24% can be 'compensated' by a better mark for the criminal law essay in sememster II. If not, you will have to complete referred work over the summer. Check the regs.
With regard to what you will get overall; you need to do the maths!
(Original post by Alejandro19)
I did English legal system in first semester and now I'm doing English legal system in practice. They are two different modules.
Also, should I be expecting to get a 2:2 as an overall since my marks for the first semester were not that good. I had very little revision for my exams in the first semester because of personal circumstances so I'll definitely do better now.
I'm just a bit worried that I might end up failing the whole year because of my first semester results.
Last edited by Bitesizelaw; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (36)
24.66%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (51)
34.93%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (25)
17.12%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (11)
7.53%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (23)
15.75%

Watched Threads