MokshJ5
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys! My group and I just wanted some ideas for our devised piece, we have been given 3 different stimuli:
1. Teenagers at lunch
2. Marie Curie
3. The Fox and the grapes
We would like something out of the box
Thanks!
kailash.pal
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Sorry, I just have to ask this, if the exam is in a few days time, why are you only starting your devised piece now?

I think it's always better to devise a piece with a specific intention in mind, as in like a moral or something. It makes it way easier in the exam to write about. I don't know if it's against exam board rules to give someone an idea, but if I were you I would perhaps link one one of the stimuli to a key message, It doesn't need to be out of the box, it just needs to have enough in it to write a lot about. It'll give you the most to talk about in terms of reasoning behind choosing to do something.

Best of luck!

P.S. for the 25 marker, leave a space at the beginning, few lines or so. This is so that after you write your essay your introduction can be a little summary.
Last edited by kailash.pal; 2 years ago
MokshJ5
Rep:
(Original post by kailash.pal)
Sorry, I just have to ask this, if the exam is in a few days time, why are you only starting your devised piece now?

I think it's always better to devise a piece with a specific intention in mind, as in like a moral or something. It makes it way easier in the exam to write about. I don't know if it's against exam board rules to give someone an idea, but if I were you I would perhaps link one one of the stimuli to a key message, i.e. "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". It doesn't need to be out of the box, it just needs to have enough in it to write a lot about. It'll give you the most to talk about in terms of reasoning behind choosing to do something. i.e the spotlight was used to show individualism.

Best of luck!

P.S. for the 25 marker, leave a space at the beginning, few lines or so. This is so that after you write your essay your introduction can be a little summary.
We just started this in class, so I guess we have like until end of June
Thanks for your answer but I was just looking for some idea that are group could then add on to or change, like a bit of a starter?
JaJa18796
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Is that the Cambridge exam board
MokshJ5
Rep:
Yes
(Original post by JaJa18796)
Is that the Cambridge exam board
JaJa18796
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Wel I have a Cambridge iGCSE drama exam this Friday
MokshJ5
Rep:
I am in Yr 10 so this is like our practice for Yr 11
JaJa18796
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Oh that makes loads of sense
vatsaldoshi25
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
How was everyone's exams?
vatsaldoshi25
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
How was your exam? And what play did you do?
kailash.pal
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vatsaldoshi25)
How was everyone's exams?
good, underwrote for the last 25 mark question though...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.6%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.3%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.09%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (279)
48.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.1%

Watched Threads