The Student Room Group

A Level Physics OCR A

Scroll to see replies

Yeah the 2017 paper was quite hard as it was the first A2 paper for the new spec. The grade boundaries were a bit high as well imo too 😅
Original post by etothepiiplusone
Regardless, I think most of the stuff in the book is too easy, especially for paper 3. The 2017 paper was pretty hard imo (got <70% >_>) and there was a practise paper we did for mocks that I got 70% on too, whereas I can get 90% on AS and easy paper 1s and 2s
Who else is ready to get annihilated in paper 3 :/
Original post by Fighter365
Who else is ready to get annihilated in paper 3 :/

me LOL
Reply 23
Yeah i did them throughout the year, they were good as revision
Original post by PhysicsIlove
Has anyone done the practice Questions in the book or just Past papers?
Reply 24
Yeah i really agree! Ive been doing pretty well on old spec papers mostly because im good at content based questions. But the new spec papers seem to be very application based which makes them harder and less repetative for me
Original post by Preciousxo
I'm doing all the past papers as well, but I'm not sure whether to compare what I'm getting in the past papers to the new spec, because the old spec was quite repetitive so I tend to just remember the answers
It’s been like that for me as well. It’s harder to get the marks with the new spec questions. Sometimes, with the mark scheme, they put down an answer you’ll never think of :/
Original post by msbx
Yeah i really agree! Ive been doing pretty well on old spec papers mostly because im good at content based questions. But the new spec papers seem to be very application based which makes them harder and less repetative for me
Reply 26
yeah exactly!! im really trying to get familiar with practicles too because they always come up as 6 markers
Original post by studentbeast
It’s been like that for me as well. It’s harder to get the marks with the new spec questions. Sometimes, with the mark scheme, they put down an answer you’ll never think of :/
Reply 27
Any predicted topics you guys think will come up? I watched a video by ScienceShorts a few weeks ago which i might rewatch where he spoke about predicted topics.
I’m not too sure about what topics may come up. Can you post the link of that video please?
Original post by msbx
Any predicted topics you guys think will come up? I watched a video by ScienceShorts a few weeks ago which i might rewatch where he spoke about predicted topics.
Reply 29
I just checked and I can’t seem to find the video anymore!!
Original post by studentbeast
I’m not too sure about what topics may come up. Can you post the link of that video please?
How do you all structure your 6 markers, do you bullet point etc?
Reply 31
Yeah i bullet point but theyr a couple of lines each

How are you preparing for practicle based questions?
Original post by PhysicsIlove
How do you all structure your 6 markers, do you bullet point etc?
I am really struggling with magnetic fields :frown: Feel like I am gonna fail the exam
Reply 33
have you tried doing exam questions by topic from physics and maths tutor?
Original post by forgotten_one
I am really struggling with magnetic fields :frown: Feel like I am gonna fail the exam
Are we supposed to know about MRI scans? Or just how they relate to resonance
Reply 35
I was thiking that too and im not sure!! because i havnt covered them much
Original post by Fighter365
Are we supposed to know about MRI scans? Or just how they relate to resonance
Reply 36
Hi everyone. Just found this thread. I'm doing this spec and currently revising for Monday's paper.
Physics and Maths Tutor is really useful.
Also, what's your technique for the multiple choice? They're always harder than you think!
Reply 37
Hey, what things are you doing on physics and maths tutor?
Personally i found that im going to do multiple choice at the end beacuse they take so much time for so little marks!! but i need to get better at somehow
Original post by MR52
Hi everyone. Just found this thread. I'm doing this spec and currently revising for Monday's paper.
Also, what's your technique for the multiple choice? They're always harder than you think!
Reply 38
I just found loads of multiple choice questions in the CIE paper one revision section on physics and maths tutor! under the 'measurements' link
Original post by MR52
Which past paper years is everyone doing? I’m doing 2018 and 17 new spec and 2017-2014 old spec

Quick Reply

Latest