The Student Room Group

Awful uni experience

So I’ve been at uni for my full undergraduate degree. I graduate very soon. And I’ve had enough.

My lecturers don’t care. They don’t reply to my emails. They’ve lost tons of my work. I’ve received 0 support. They’ve told me I’m not good enough, my accent is not professional enough and that my practical work which I got a first in, was overly supported and I didn’t deserve it. This is only the tip of the ice burg.

Makes me very angry, I want to get a refund. Have I got grounds for this? If so please help me. I have to do it once I’ve finished because I’ve already been told by other professionals to keep my mouth shut or my final grades could be changed out of spite.
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve been at uni for my full undergraduate degree. I graduate very soon. And I’ve had enough.

My lecturers don’t care. They don’t reply to my emails. They’ve lost tons of my work. I’ve received 0 support. They’ve told me I’m not good enough, my accent is not professional enough and that my practical work which I got a first in, was overly supported and I didn’t deserve it. This is only the tip of the ice burg.

Makes me very angry, I want to get a refund. Have I got grounds for this? If so please help me. I have to do it once I’ve finished because I’ve already been told by other professionals to keep my mouth shut or my final grades could be changed out of spite.

What degree course did you study? You don't need to say which university.

Your university will have a formal complaints procedure, so you'll need to do your own research, but any outcome of that will not result in you getting a refund. If you do want to make a formal complaint, then you'll ideally need a clear record of everything you've mentioned (dates, times, locations etc.). It may be hard to prove some of things you say, so it might end up being your word against theirs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending