Single guy, fed up of being single Watch

oglez92
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
More of a rant more than anything. But hopefully there's someone who will relate

I'm not the best looking guy in the world but I feel like I've got so much to offer. I'm educated, ambitious, have a good job and decent salary. I'm passionate about music and set up my own events company this year. I have a solid set of values and morales.
I have relied far too heavily on dating sites in the past, even if it seems like the only way I've ever got a date. I'm out pretty much every weekend now, meeting people, putting myself out there and just hoping I can meet her. Every girl I speak to seems to be married or taken in these situations.

Some will say "stop looking and it'll come". Well I've waited 27 years. I'd have thought one of my friends could have set me up by now.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
You just gotta stop being so desperate. If you seem desperate then it just turns people off generally, at least the good ones.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JazzRabb
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Typical nice guy sydrome
(Original post by oglez92)
More of a rant more than anything. But hopefully there's someone who will relate

I'm not the best looking guy in the world but I feel like I've got so much to offer. I'm educated, ambitious, have a good job and decent salary. I'm passionate about music and set up my own events company this year. I have a solid set of values and morales.
I have relied far too heavily on dating sites in the past, even if it seems like the only way I've ever got a date. I'm out pretty much every weekend now, meeting people, putting myself out there and just hoping I can meet her. Every girl I speak to seems to be married or taken in these situations.

Some will say "stop looking and it'll come". Well I've waited 27 years. I'd have thought one of my friends could have set me up by now.
Levi23317
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JazzRabb)
Typical nice guy sydrome
Haha thats what i was thinkin
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
QueenTbiomed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well, single girl here fed up of being single. You're not the only one!

HoldThisL
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Single guy, fed up of being single
(Original post by QueenTbiomed)
Well, single girl here fed up of being single. You're not the only one!
slide into those dms the both of you

jk

idk sorry
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Using the services of a Matchmaking company might be an excellent solution for you.

Bearing in mind that you have the dosh for it and a lot of traits that are attractive in terms of retaining a partner.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd have thought one of my friends could have set me up by now.
Have you actually tried asking one of your friends to try and introduce you to a girl? Maybe one of their girlfriends will have a friend you might be compatible with. :dontknow:
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
27 is nothing. Don't be in a hurry.
QueenTbiomed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My dms are inaccessible- they're closely guarded by dragons.
(Original post by HoldThisL)
slide into those dms the both of you

jk

idk sorry
Dubz29
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
PM me bro, and I will teach you the secrets of game. Thats all you need to find the one...

Im not exaggerating, but lets see if you take action or not
KieronIX
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm only 17 years old but I can assure you that waiting to find that person will be worth it. The majority of people are desperate for love at some point and if it means waiting years until you stumble into someone at a party or at the shop then it will be worth it, one hundred percent. You seem like a great guy that has many things to offer and you're still very young! 27 really isn't that old. Patience is the key and once you find that special someone you'll be glad you waited. Don't get too bothered if your friends have kids or are getting married, maybe they just got lucky or managed to get out there or maybe they've just been with that person since school. You'll figure it out one day. Just don't seem so desperate and remember that love is a dangerous tool so don't play any risky games with it. Good luck and I hope you find someone.
oglez92
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Have you actually tried asking one of your friends to try and introduce you to a girl? Maybe one of their girlfriends will have a friend you might be compatible with. :dontknow:
Tried. Multiple times
oglez92
Rep:
?
We should get married Too soon?
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Perhaps try a singles holiday and join a voluntary organisation where you will meet like minded girls. Flirt widely with girls of all levels of attractiveness. Get some tips from able male and female friends. And keep going. And you're right internet dating is counter intuitively rubbish. Lots of frustration and bad dates. I gave up on this.
Dubz29
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bro your only 17 haha. Never advise someone to 'wait' . He has to be the one taking action everyday!
(Original post by KieronIX)
I'm only 17 years old but I can assure you that waiting to find that person will be worth it. The majority of people are desperate for love at some point and if it means waiting years until you stumble into someone at a party or at the shop then it will be worth it, one hundred percent. You seem like a great guy that has many things to offer and you're still very young! 27 really isn't that old. Patience is the key and once you find that special someone you'll be glad you waited. Don't get too bothered if your friends have kids or are getting married, maybe they just got lucky or managed to get out there or maybe they've just been with that person since school. You'll figure it out one day. Just don't seem so desperate and remember that love is a dangerous tool so don't play any risky games with it. Good luck and I hope you find someone.
oglez92
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dubz29)
Bro your only 17 haha. Never advise someone to 'wait' . He has to be the one taking action every
Age doesn't matter. what they said made sense
oglez92
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
Perhaps try a singles holiday and join a voluntary organisation where you will meet like minded girls. Flirt widely with girls of all levels of attractiveness. Get some tips from able male and female friends. And keep going. And you're right internet dating is counter intuitively rubbish. Lots of frustration and bad dates. I gave up on this.
I created my own music promotions buisness. That helps me get out the house and meet people. Who knows, maybe that's the way forward.
Online dating has worked for me. But it's only a tool. I can't be too dependant
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Focus on what sort of relationship and girl you are looking for.
That way you will have a clearer idea of what you want and will be able to look in the most suitable places to match your criteria.
Set your dealbreakers and three things that you absolutely do not like.
Once you focus on the type of girl that you want to be in a relationship with, you will have more of an idea what you are looking for and where to find her.

What sort of girl do you want?
Any physical type- tall/short, hair colour, build, freckles.
Any particular shared hobbies or interests- music, sporty, art, baking, animal rescue.
Personality- outgoing, shy, flirty, sense of humour, adventurous or more serious.
Politics or religion- would you consider dating a girl who goes to church/temple every week, or a supporter of momentum/nigel farage.
Diet- a vegan, vegetarian or obsessive healthy eater.
Personal, educational or career ambitions.
oglez92
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Focus on what sort of relationship and girl you are looking for.
That way you will have a clearer idea of what you want and will be able to look in the most suitable places to match your criteria.
Set your dealbreakers and three things that you absolutely do not like.
Once you focus on the type of girl that you want to be in a relationship with, you will have more of an idea what you are looking for and where to find her.

What sort of girl do you want?
Any physical type- tall/short, hair colour, build, freckles.
Any particular shared hobbies or interests- music, sporty, art, baking, animal rescue.
Personality- outgoing, shy, flirty, sense of humour, adventurous or more serious.
Politics or religion- would you consider dating a girl who goes to church/temple every week, or a supporter of momentum/nigel farage.
Diet- a vegan, vegetarian or obsessive healthy eater.
Personal, educational or career ambitions.
Physical: shorter than me (5"9), curvy/little extra.
Interests: I've always liked the nerdier/geeky girls, or the creative types. To be honest I couldn't imagine being with someone who didn't love music as much as me. It's a huge part of my life. There's other interests though.
Personality: maybe a bit more out going, outdoorsy. Not too sure about it this. I've dated quiet girls .I didn't like it .

Religion: agnostic or atheist. Ideally left wing politically.

I find ambition and education so attractive.

Deal-breaker. A woman with children could be tricky but it could work. A girl who wants to go travelling for months at a time really doesn't appeal to me .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (62)
68.13%
Jeremy Hunt (29)
31.87%

Watched Threads