ElG.ONCALVES
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I’ve applied to study Fashion PR & Communications at LCF as well as Fashion Journalism I got accepted on the PR course but declined on the Journalism course, I really wanted to study journalism as my dream has always been to be an editor at a fashion magazine so I’m still going to peruse a journalism career so the question really should be can someone with a pr & communications degree work in Journalism and also be taken seriously in journalism?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You can go into journalism, generally, with any degree. However, fashion journalism may have slightly more specific perspectives...but since your degree would be fahsion-related anyway, I imagine this would be suitable. If anything, I would've thought a degree in Fashion PR/Communications might be better in that situation since fashion journalism is often pseudo-marketing anyway, which that course might give you some insight into.

Realistically the thing limiting your ability to get into that area won't be your degree title, it will be how well you can network and make connections in industry. That is something no degree can teach you, realistically...
_lucie_
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Realistically you are sorted as long as you take the initiative and work your way up. e.g start off as an intern at a small publishing company, some sort of internship with the BBC, fashion magazine.
I've gone to a few seminars where journalists have spoken about how they got into the positions they're currently in, a lot of them started off in completely different careers or were approached after graduation.
I'm hoping to go into international journalism myself after getting a History and Chinese Studies degree
Best of luck :top:
ElG.ONCALVES
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
That’s amazing! Thank you and best of luck to you also! ❤️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (428)
43.76%
No (104)
10.63%
I'm not old enough (446)
45.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed