mental-health-and-no-help Watch

NEEDHELPcrisis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
guy-ive-recently-been-kicked-of-my-course.-ive-recently-suffered-a-breakdown-and-ive-had-to-appeal-my-poor-attendance-due-to-illness-had-this-appeal-upheld-and-was-given-further-email-stating-it-would-be-best-to-resume-studies-may-or-September-and-id-need-a-back-to-work-note-of-my-docter-OR-i-should-fill-out-an-interuption-to-studies-application.-id-thought-at-least-im-good-until-i-get-well.-id-need-a-docters-note.-then-i-get-a-timetable.-apprently-i-have-to-return-but-im-ill-as-****.-they-gave=me-warning-after-warning-and-would-not-consider-the-fact-im-ill.-i-appealed-my-second-poor-perform ace-with-1-day-left-and-not-a-clue-what-to-do.-they-returned-it-hours-after-and-denied-my-appeal.-on-top-of-this-the-dean-has-threatened-me-with-police-and-doctors-and-offered-Samaritan-as-im-unwell-and-pleading-for-some-kind-of-guidence.she-was-very-condescending.-guys-if-ur-mentally-unwell-and-go-to-this-collage-ur-****ed-with-a-big-debt.-i-want-to-return-to-studie.and-complain-have-i-get-any-legs-to-stand-on
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NEEDHELPcrisis)
guy-ive-recently-been-kicked-of-my-course.-ive-recently-suffered-a-breakdown-and-ive-had-to-appeal-my-poor-attendance-due-to-illness-had-this-appeal-upheld-and-was-given-further-email-stating-it-would-be-best-to-resume-studies-may-or-September-and-id-need-a-back-to-work-note-of-my-docter-OR-i-should-fill-out-an-interuption-to-studies-application.-id-thought-at-least-im-good-until-i-get-well.-id-need-a-docters-note.-then-i-get-a-timetable.-apprently-i-have-to-return-but-im-ill-as-****.-they-gave=me-warning-after-warning-and-would-not-consider-the-fact-im-ill.-i-appealed-my-second-poor-perform ace-with-1-day-left-and-not-a-clue-what-to-do.-they-returned-it-hours-after-and-denied-my-appeal.-on-top-of-this-the-dean-has-threatened-me-with-police-and-doctors-and-offered-Samaritan-as-im-unwell-and-pleading-for-some-kind-of-guidence.she-was-very-condescending.-guys-if-ur-mentally-unwell-and-go-to-this-collage-ur-****ed-with-a-big-debt.-i-want-to-return-to-studie.and-complain-have-i-get-any-legs-to-stand-on
1. Dont they have a mental health team?
2. Presumably you have been diagnosed by your GP? What illness? Specific.
3. If you won your appeal did you say when you were returning and did you fill out the interruption to studies form? If not why not? It sounds like September should have been the minimum if not a year on top of that.
4.Hard to see why they were asking you back unless you didnt provide them with Drs note and fill out the suspension?
5. What did your pt say?
6. See the MH team , your pt, your GP and an advisor at the SU.

Your account remains a bit unclear. They can assess it properly.
On the one hand you say you have MH issues and appeal, but on the other you are saying you want to return to studies. You need top sort out your MH.

It is not clear what your full issues are and the detailed timeline of events. Talk it over with a MH charity if you dont trust anyone at uni.

1.Sane 4.30pm to 10.30pm on 0300 304 7000.
2. https://kooth.com/ Online counselling
3. Your uni should have their own nightline and student manned counselling service.
4. The Mix. 0808 808 4994. Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm. webchat Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm, and Saturday from 8pm to 11pm.
5. Papyrus HOPElineUK: 0800 068 41 41
Papyrus-uk.org
Support for those dealing with suicide, depression or emotional distress – particularly teenagers and young adults.
NEEDHELPcrisis
Rep:
?
they-have-kicked-me-off-cus-of-poor-attendece.-but-i-couldnt-attend-as-i-was-ill.-i-even-given-them-sick-note-off-docter.i-never-said-im-well-enought-to-come-back.-instead-they-kicked-me-off-course-is-that-allowed
(Original post by 999tigger)
1. Dont they have a mental health team?
2. Presumably you have been diagnosed by your GP? What illness? Specific.
3. If you won your appeal did you say when you were returning and did you fill out the interruption to studies form? If not why not? It sounds like September should have been the minimum if not a year on top of that.
4.Hard to see why they were asking you back unless you didnt provide them with Drs note and fill out the suspension?
5. What did your pt say?
6. See the MH team , your pt, your GP and an advisor at the SU.

Your account remains a bit unclear. They can assess it properly.
On the one hand you say you have MH issues and appeal, but on the other you are saying you want to return to studies. You need top sort out your MH.

It is not clear what your full issues are and the detailed timeline of events. Talk it over with a MH charity if you dont trust anyone at uni.

1.Sane 4.30pm to 10.30pm on 0300 304 7000.
2. https://kooth.com/ Online counselling
3. Your uni should have their own nightline and student manned counselling service.
4. The Mix. 0808 808 4994. Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm. webchat Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm, and Saturday from 8pm to 11pm.
5. Papyrus HOPElineUK: 0800 068 41 41
Papyrus-uk.org
Support for those dealing with suicide, depression or emotional distress – particularly teenagers and young adults.
Lucy 123456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, first of all YOU MATTER and are important to this world!! You sound really strong as you have been through a lot and overcome so many difficulties. We need great people like you in this world.If you feel like you want to harm yourself or you are thinking about committing suicide then:the suicide prevention line is somewhere that you can ring and they have the best intentions to help you, here is the number: 1-800-273-8255Trust me when I say that it gets better, I have been and know people that have been in situations like you and they have all overcome their depression and anxiety.Lots of love
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 2 weeks ago
they-have-kicked-me-off-cus-of-poor-attendece.-but-i-couldnt-attend-as-i-was-ill.-i-even-given-them-sick-note-off-docter.i-never-said-im-well-enought-to-come-back.-instead-they-kicked-me-off-course-is-that-allowed
You need to speak to someone who is able to make sense and understand a complete picture of what has happened. They cant advise you properly until they have a complete timeline and have seen all communications plus interviewed you. Once they have a complete picture, then they can advise you.

1. If you were ill then your doctors note should cover that. We dont know what the illness is, how long its gone on, how much of the course you have missed, who you told, what the doctor said, what they said etc. You need all that information to understand what your situation is.
2. Need to understand what the universities position is and what procedures have been followed. Especially what they said on first appeal.
3. It is unclear what they were talking about and why they changed their mind. It seems we only have part of the picture.
4. It is possible for them to withdraw you if they feel you arent mentally fit, but they have to follow certain procedures.

Which University is it?
What is your illness?
What has the GP said?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 2 weeks ago
You need to speak to someone who is able to make sense and understand a complete picture of what has happened. They cant advise you properly until they have a complete timeline and have seen all communications plus interviewed you. Once they have a complete picture, then they can advise you.

1. If you were ill then your doctors note should cover that. We dont know what the illness is, how long its gone on, how much of the course you have missed, who you told, what the doctor said, what they said etc. You need all that information to understand what your situation is.
2. Need to understand what the universities position is and what procedures have been followed. Especially what they said on first appeal.
3. It is unclear what they were talking about and why they changed their mind. It seems we only have part of the picture.
4. It is possible for them to withdraw you if they feel you arent mentally fit, but they have to follow certain procedures.

What I would say is you need a mental health advocate, that is someone independent who you can talk to and help you sort out the issues. You dont seem in good enough shape to do so on your own.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/

Ask about getting advocacy help from MIND
Contact us

Our lines are open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except for bank holidays).

0300 123 3393
[email protected]
Text: 86463
https://www.mind.org.uk/information-.../#.XNKKBKR7ncd
https://www.mind.org.uk/information-.../#.XNKJg6R7ncc

Which University or college is it?

What has the GP said?

The weed wont be helping you.
If you get your MH sorted, then you can sort out your education later. It could be a good thing leaving your course and it doesnt mean you cant start another one when you are ready. MH is what needs to get sorted and there will be courses for you to attend after.
NEEDHELPcrisis
Rep:
?
y-this-timeline
september-to-decembers-studied-fell-ill-22nd-dec-2018
in-march-i-get-final-warning-and-told-if-i-dont-fill-in-appeal-i-would-get-kicked-off-course-so-i-filled-in-apeal-put-in-for-poor-attendence-and-sick-note-stating-1,im-being-detoxed-off-opiate-painkillers-and-2,suffers-ongoing-depression-and-pstd-which-was-upheld-in-my-favour.-i-was-still-ill-so-i-got-email-stating-appeal-upheld-and-it-would-be-best-for-me-to-resume-may-or-september2019-as-id-be-in-better-frame-of-mind-and-id-need-docters-return-to-work-form-to-be-filled-out-and-given-to-uni-OR-AND-I-CANT-STRESS-THIS-ENOUGHT-OR-I-CAN-FILL-AN-INTERUPTION-FROM-STIDE-FORM.-I-NEVER-FILLED-THAT-OUT.I-WISH-DID-NOW.PLEASE-READ-IT-AN-ADVISE-ME-THANK-YOU.SORRY-WITH-THE-WAY-LINE-IS-IN-MIDDLE-OF-WORDS-MY-KEYBOARDS-BROKE-AND-I-CAN-REPAIR.
(Original post by 999tigger)

What I would say is you need a mental health advocate, that is someone independent who you can talk to and help you sort out the issues. You dont seem in good enough shape to do so on your own.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/

Ask about getting advocacy help from MIND
Contact us

Our lines are open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except for bank holidays).

0300 123 3393
[email protected]
Text: 86463
https://www.mind.org.uk/information-.../#.XNKKBKR7ncd
https://www.mind.org.uk/information-.../#.XNKJg6R7ncc

Which University or college is it?

What has the GP said?

The weed wont be helping you.
If you get your MH sorted, then you can sort out your education later. It could be a good thing leaving your course and it doesnt mean you cant start another one when you are ready. MH is what needs to get sorted and there will be courses for you to attend after.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.79%
The paper was reasonable (427)
44.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.28%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.08%

Watched Threads