Vineet1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hey guys ,
I am a student from India and I am looking to pursue a masters in marketing from UK. Up until now, I have applied to the following universities :
Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds , Strathclyde, Nottingham Trent , Northumbria , Sheffield,kingston, Leicester,lancaster, Loughborough,surrey and Sussex.
Ive got offers from Kingston and Strathclyde till now and waiting on the others to respond.
After completion of my masters, I want to work in the UK for a few years . Among the above universities only Nottingham Trent and Kinston are offering a with industry option in the course for 1 year,while northumbria is offering an internship between 12-15weeks.i am really confused as to which university is b better in regards with better employability and career both in UK and back in India , although I am still waiting for most of the universities to make an offer, I would really appreciate some advice.
Last edited by Vineet1998; 10 months ago
jpt4749
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Just consider [Bristol Glasgow Leeds Lancaster] and cross out the rest as they are not reputable compared to those 4 above.

You can consider applying to following places which are also reputable in Marketing
Durham
Edinburgh
CASS
Cranfield
Manchester
Exeter
Nottingham
Birmingham
BedfordMom
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
How can you do a yr in industry on a Master’s? Or do you mean an integrated Master’s where you do a first degree then continue on a Master’s? But even if so, Nottingham only offer Marketing at postgraduate level so my initial question still stands.
Cranfield University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi Vineet1998

I am a student at Cranfield and I can imagine the difficulty in making your choice at the moment, as I went through same too! I choose Cranfield and it has been an excellent choice and decision for me.
We are a postgraduate-only University. This means our work involves teaching and cutting-edge research. It means as well that we may not be seen in the traditional ranking websites, as these rankings are done based on undergraduate courses. However, our courses are ranked highly on Forbes, Financial Times, etc. You can take a look at them here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5722372
Also, the Strategic marketing course is ranked at No. 4 in UK by QS World university ranking. The course details can be found at : https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/som/mast...egic-marketing
I would suggest before making any final decisions on your offers, try and network with the alumni on LinkedIn as they will help you clarify your doubts better because they hold real time experiences.

Let me know if you have more questions. You can reach out to a Cranfield alumni on LinkedIn; they are normally quite happy to spare some minutes to potential students .
All the best!

Manil- MSc in Management student
Cranfield University TSR Rep
(Original post by Vineet1998)
Hey guys ,
I am a student from India and I am looking to pursue a masters in marketing from UK. Up until now, I have applied to the following universities :
Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds , Strathclyde, Nottingham Trent , Northumbria , Sheffield,kingston, Leicester,lancaster, Loughborough,surrey and Sussex.
Ive got offers from Kingston and Strathclyde till now and waiting on the others to respond.
After completion of my masters, I want to work in the UK for a few years . Among the above universities only Nottingham Trent and Kinston are offering a with industry option in the course for 1 year,while northumbria is offering an internship between 12-15weeks.i am really confused as to which university is b better in regards with better employability and career both in UK and back in India , although I am still waiting for most of the universities to make an offer, I would really appreciate some advice.
Vineet1998
Rep:
?
I've also offers from Nottingham Trent , Northumbria and Sussex along with Strathclyde and Kingston
Vineet1998
Rep:
?
Nottingham Trent has msc marketing for 2 years, where after my second semester I get a year placement and then come back for my third semester.
im thinking to go there as I want to work in UK for some years. but the placement is not guaranteed .what's your take on this ?
Vineet1998
Rep:
?
I've heard cranfield is a good university, but the the university is in the middle of nowhere.
Vineet1998
Rep:
?
what's your take on your Nottingham Trent .
also should I go for a msc marketing course or msc digital marketing course. which has more scope. can you help me ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (229)
60.9%
No (78)
20.74%
Not sure (69)
18.35%

Watched Threads