Delete my threads?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Is there a way to delete my old threads? I personally just want to get rid of them and start fresh. I read in an old threat that TSR moderators can only delete them. Is there way to contact them? would I need a valid reason?
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is there a way to delete my old threads? I personally just want to get rid of them and start fresh. I read in an old threat that TSR moderators can only delete them. Is there way to contact them? would I need a valid reason?
Try making thread in the Ask the Community Staff forum and explain the situation. It might be that you need to make a new account instead because deleting lots of threads is a hassle and the CT don't normally do it (from what I know)
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Hi! Leviathan1741 is correct, threads are not normally deleted. They are typically only deleted if they break community guidelines. If your posts don't break guidelines and don't contain any sensitive information (e.g. things that could identify you) then it's unlikely they'll be deleted. You can post in the forum linked about and talk directly to the CT, or alternatively report the threads you want to be deleted and explain why. It is up to the CT if they delete them, though, and there's no guarantee they will be deleted.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Hi! Leviathan1741 is correct, threads are not normally deleted. They are typically only deleted if they break community guidelines. If your posts don't break guidelines and don't contain any sensitive information (e.g. things that could identify you) then it's unlikely they'll be deleted. You can post in the forum linked about and talk directly to the CT, or alternatively report the threads you want to be deleted and explain why. It is up to the CT if they delete them, though, and there's no guarantee they will be deleted.
So would the recommendation for OP beto go make a load of posts that break the community guidelines in his threads, forcing TSR admin to then delete them?
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
So would the recommendation for OP beto go make a load of posts that break the community guidelines in his threads, forcing TSR admin to then delete them?
No absolutely not. That will just annoy the CT and make them take less kindly to your requests
The way to get threads deleted is to report the original post explaining why you want them deleted or make a thread in ATCS as others have stated
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
No absolutely not. That will just annoy the CT and make them take less kindly to your requests
The way to get threads deleted is to report the original post explaining why you want them deleted or make a thread in ATCS as others have stated
it was supposed to be satirical
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No, the recommendation is what I suggested - ask the CT if they would delete them by giving the reason why the OP wants them deleted.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
Try making thread in the Ask the Community Staff forum and explain the situation. It might be that you need to make a new account instead because deleting lots of threads is a hassle and the CT don't normally do it (from what I know)
Is there a way to ask them privately rather than posting it on a forum?
username2088165
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Is there a way to ask them privately rather than posting it on a forum?
The AtCS forum is a private one, so only you and the TSR staff are able to view threads you make in there
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
The AtCS forum is a private one, so only you and the TSR staff are able to view threads you make in there
Where do I find this forum? & that’s a relief!
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
Where do I find this forum? & that’s a relief!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/hel...community-team
Anonymous #1
Thank you guys! Really appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads