zizillla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi, I recently received a letter stating that my course details cannot be confirmed for the Tuition fee loan application for 2019/20. I contacted my university and they want me to check that the details I entered are correct (which they should be - I entered the correct course name, UCAS code, University etc.). In addition, the course I am applying for is not new at all, so it should definitely be in the course database. My question is, can I fill in the 'Change of circumstance' form using the additional details section to re-enter my course details and thus "try again" to get my course matched correctly?
SFE Tegan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi Zizilla,

This means that your course details have not been uploaded to our shared database with the universities. You don't need to send a Change of Circumstances form if your university have since uploaded the course.

When you checked your course details with the university did they confirm these were correct?

You would only need to send a Change of Circumstances form if you need to make a change to the details that are on your application.

Thanks, Tégan
zizillla
Rep:
?
Hi, thank you for the response. The course details I entered were correct, as far as I or the university could tell. However they said that I maybe should have written down my specific college instead of the university (my course is at Cambridge).
(Original post by SFE Tegan)
Hi Zizilla,

This means that your course details have not been uploaded to our shared database with the universities. You don't need to send a Change of Circumstances form if your university have since uploaded the course.

When you checked your course details with the university did they confirm these were correct?

You would only need to send a Change of Circumstances form if you need to make a change to the details that are on your application.

Thanks, Tégan
SFE Tegan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Okay Zizillla,

Please advise the course and university details on your application and what your university advised you should have put including the specific college.

Thanks, Tégan
zizillla
Rep:
?
What I wrote:
University: University of Cambridge
Course: Natural Sciences
UCAS Code: BCF0
UCAS University code: C05
UCAS Campus code: N
Course length: 4 years
Expected qualification: MSci Natural sciences

What the university advised:
University: Newnham College, University of Cambridge
Couse: Natural Sciences
UCAS code: BCF0
Expected qualification: MSci

And the course I am applying for is this

(Original post by SFE Tegan)
Okay Zizillla,

Please advise the course and university details on your application and what your university advised you should have put including the specific college.

Thanks, Tégan
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by zizillla)
What I wrote:
University: University of Cambridge
Course: Natural Sciences
UCAS Code: BCF0
Expected qualification: MSci Natural sciences

What the university advised:
University: Newnham College, University of Cambridge
Couse: Natural Sciences
UCAS code: BCF0
Expected qualification: MSci

And the course I am applying for is this
Hi there,

I have checked both courses and can only find the second on our database. You should be able to add this one to your application. If you are going to be adding the first course you will need to speak with your course provider to have them update this on our database correctly.

Thanks, Erin
zizillla
Rep:
?
Hi,

The problem is that I've already applied and I'm aware that the course details were slightly incorrect. Is there a way that I can change the details that I initially submitted on the application form into the ones that are found on the database?
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

I have checked both courses and can only find the second on our database. You should be able to add this one to your application. If you are going to be adding the first course you will need to speak with your course provider to have them update this on our database correctly.

Thanks, Erin
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi,

The problem is that I've already applied and I'm aware that the course details were slightly incorrect. Is there a way that I can change the details that I initially submitted on the application form into the ones that are found on the database?
Hi there,

Yeah, you’ll be able to update your course details.

You will need to complete a change of circumstance form, you can download it from here - http://ow.ly/36MS30oIHsS

Thanks, Ashley.
zizillla
Rep:
?
Thank you very much! One more question: do I check the box "I have changed course" (even though I technically haven't) or "I have other changes of circumstance not detailed on this form"?
(Original post by SFE Ashley)
Hi there,

Yeah, you’ll be able to update your course details.

You will need to complete a change of circumstance form, you can download it from here - http://ow.ly/36MS30oIHsS

Thanks, Ashley.
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thank you very much! One more question: do I check the box "I have changed course" (even though I technically haven't) or "I have other changes of circumstance not detailed on this form"?
Yeah, you would tick the box stating you have changed course, and then complete the sections that it advises of.

Thanks, Ashley.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (285)
60.51%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.67%