national 5's and uni Watch

LoganWill
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
good morning!

I have been really worried about my national 5 exams. I would really like the opportunity to study a science degree at Edinburgh University (not medicine). would they still consider me if I do not get all A's? Thanks!
Strelzo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LoganWill)
good morning!

I have been really worried about my national 5 exams. I would really like the opportunity to study a science degree at Edinburgh University (not medicine). would they still consider me if I do not get all A's? Thanks!
Personally, I've never seen any Universities except people based on National 5's; it's mostly Highers and Advanced Highers, National 5 qualifications are usually accepted at colleges. Do you plan to continue further study afterwards?
LoganWill
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Yes! I plan to do all highers - Biology, chemistry, English, politics and administration, but I have been thinking of changing administration to maths
(Original post by Strelzo)
Personally, I've never seen any Universities except people based on National 5's; it's mostly Highers and Advanced Highers, National 5 qualifications are usually accepted at colleges. Do you plan to continue further study afterwards?
Strelzo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LoganWill)
Yes! I plan to do all highers - Biology, chemistry, English, politics and administration, but I have been thinking of changing administration to maths
Ah, makes more sense now. Even if you don't do as well as you expect at National 5 level, they're only National 5's. When you take some of these into Higher, then they become really important, as that's most likely when students apply to Universities - me included. I'm taking Computing Science, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English into higher after exams. So technically National 5 qualifications for these subjects don't matter to me as much, but I obviously still worked very hard to prepare for them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (402)
30.69%
The paper was reasonable (514)
39.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (225)
17.18%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.9%

Watched Threads