Misophonia Watch

TG1984
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Well here goes - my first ever thread!
I'm looking to chat with folk that suffer from Misophonia. I've only just discovered recently that there is a name for all my weirdness around annoying sounds and it was such a relief.

Do you suffer from it? How do you cope? What triggers you?

I've noticed that when my anxiety is worse, my misophonia follows suit, so this week has been a struggle. my headphones have been on constantly and I'm just waiting on my boss asking me why I'm always listening to music, ha!
Sonicelisa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello there. I found out about it a few months ago when I actually thought to search it thinking that there must be some explanation on the internet that I can’t really describe to other people, and I was right. It can cause me to flinch a lot but not all the time, it’s come more of a problem in school recently so that’s great
TG1984
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you! For me I get really angry hearing someone eating. Lots of other things get me too, but this is the biggie for me, drives me nuts!
I'm glad you found out earlier in your life - I'm 35 and only just figured it out, ha!
(Original post by Sonicelisa)
Hello there. I found out about it a few months ago when I actually thought to search it thinking that there must be some explanation on the internet that I can’t really describe to other people, and I was right. It can cause me to flinch a lot but not all the time, it’s come more of a problem in school recently so that’s great
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
oh yeah I have that

it's one very specific sound by an object that is used sometimes outside.

it's mild tho
Last edited by TheTroll73; 3 weeks ago
TG1984
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
what object? or dare you not speak its name? haha
(Original post by TheTroll73)
oh yeah I have that

it's one very specific sound by an object that is used sometimes outside.

it's mild tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads