minimoo_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Just came out of history, what did everyone think? I did the international option, was relieved to see fairly easy questions but I’m freaked the grade boundaries will be crazy high :/
YoUNeEdtoStUDy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I did the American option and I feel like the question for the Great Crash and New Deal were forgiving, but the one about the expansion of US power was crazy hard and I would have cried if I did it. I don't think the grade boundaries for Paper 1 will be high cause apparently you only need like a 24/40 for an A according to my History teacher so I think it will be gucci.
capodeicapi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I did the European option and the questions were quite good! Hoped Lenin and Trotsky direct questions not to be on it and there weren't... hoping for good results...
(Original post by YoUNeEdtoStUDy)
I did the American option and I feel like the question for the Great Crash and New Deal were forgiving, but the one about the expansion of US power was crazy hard and I would have cried if I did it. I don't think the grade boundaries for Paper 1 will be high cause apparently you only need like a 24/40 for an A according to my History teacher so I think it will be gucci.
Right, usually in 2018 it was 22 I think and 2017 24 for Paper 1, however that means that it's hard to achieve an A on it... Did you guys do International Option on Paper 1? How'd you find Abyssinia? I might have messed up the reliable/unreliable source part...
YoUNeEdtoStUDy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I did the American Option about the Origins of the Civil War. Frankly, I think the International Option would have been easier cause the American option uses really fancy English and they speak like the Bible, so really, my friends and I are predicting low grade boindaries.

Are you allowed to do the International Option for Paper 1 and European Option for Paper 2? I didn't realise you could mix and match the options. 🤔
capodeicapi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by YoUNeEdtoStUDy)
I did the American Option about the Origins of the Civil War. Frankly, I think the International Option would have been easier cause the American option uses really fancy English and they speak like the Bible, so really, my friends and I are predicting low grade boindaries.

Are you allowed to do the International Option for Paper 1 and European Option for Paper 2? I didn't realise you could mix and match the options. 🤔
That's how my school teaches and tbh I think it's perfect this way, I'm from Central Europe therefore studying American Option wouldn't make much sense, teachers here focus more on European or International options! Hope you get a good result fam, les pray we all do well ..
minimoo_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by capodeicapi)
I did the European option and the questions were quite good! Hoped Lenin and Trotsky direct questions not to be on it and there weren't... hoping for good results...

Right, usually in 2018 it was 22 I think and 2017 24 for Paper 1, however that means that it's hard to achieve an A on it... Did you guys do International Option on Paper 1? How'd you find Abyssinia? I might have messed up the reliable/unreliable source part...
i did the international option on paper 1, i found it a relief tbh, the sources weren’t too bad i found but the 20 marker i ran out of time so rip me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads