The Student Room Group

Analyse questions

Hello I am really finding the analyse questions very difficult and am concerned about them because of the upcoming exam. if anyone has a method it would be appreciated
Ok, so, my tips would be:
- Do not make a comment or analysis using your specific knowledge. Naturally, you will have spent hours trawling over case studies and all, but this information will get no marks in this answer.
- Make a comment on each Figure, an overall pattern that is evident. Annotate profusely.
- Expand on this comment, link within the Figure, link between the Figures, link to the question
- For the higher marks, make clear and judicious links between the Figures, and use data manipulation i.e. percentage increase
For the analysis one's that DO NOT say 'and your own knowledge'...
Use the acronym TEAMM, this 6 marker is completely AO3, so no explaining and no previous knowledge needed. (I always make the error of explaining)
Trends
Evidence
Anomalies
Manipulate
Make connections (for example if there's two data sets)

For the one using your knowledge, this is 2 marks AO1 and 4 marks AO2. This isn't really using analysis so much but applying your own knowledge by studying the resource, using evidence and your own knowledge to make a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending