The Student Room Group

Cheating

Do you think if your partner/girlfriend/boyfriend likes another girls or boys picture on Instagram it is cheating? Or what do you count as cheating?
Original post by coco0
Do you think if your partner/girlfriend/boyfriend likes another girls or boys picture on Instagram it is cheating? Or what do you count as cheating?

No, it's not cheating. Cheating is the act of deliberate sexual acts or relations with a person other than your partner
Reply 2
Original post by TheRealSquiddy
No, it's not cheating. Cheating is the act of deliberate sexual acts or relations with a person other than your partner

Some people do and tell their partners to stop liking other peoples pictures out of "respect"
Original post by coco0
Some people do and tell their partners to stop liking other peoples pictures out of "respect"

Personally I agree with the previous poster; liking Instagram posts is completely harmless, and I struggle to see a reasonable justification for stopping your partner from doing so :dontknow:
It's not cheating, but I don't think it's particularly respectful to your partner to "like" photos of, say, semi-clad girls you know, particularly if you repeatedly "like" a certain person's photos. There's no definite answer like "this is right" or "this is wrong", it depends on the whole situation, their relationship, and yours.

A lot of the time it may be you feeling insecure that makes it an issue, rather than the actual issue itself.
Reply 5
Original post by coco0

Then that's controlling.

Who are you to say why they liked the picture? If they have friends and they think the picture is cool, then they'll like it. Being insecure is one way for a relationship to turn sour.
Reply 6
I don’t think that’s cheating at all. Then again, that’s just my opinion and I think the most important thing is to set boundaries of what is considered cheating within your own relationship. People view different acts differently. I heard someone once say that if you wouldn’t do it infront of your partner then it’s cheating and I think that’s a good way to look at it.
Original post by coco0
No I think that it wouldn’t be healthy for me to ask a guy to stop liking other people pics on insta. I don’t see how that’s betrayal or anything. As for constantly liking a specific persons pics I’d just ask them about it if I was getting insecure enough to want them to actually stop liking ppls pics on there
It's not cheating but some people still don't think it's okay. I'd say generally how uncomfortable it makes someone feel is if their partner is liking loads of different people's pictures or just one specific person's constantly. Either way it's not that much of a big deal in my eyes.

Maybe it's an age thing too, I feel like younger people are more likely to be insecure of their partner liking other people's Instagram posts rather than someone a bit older.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending