The Student Room Group

QTS Skills Test support session

I've just been offered a place in Liverpool Hope University for the Early Years PGCE course, providing I pass my professional skills test! I saw on their website they have a QTS skills test support session, and was just wondering if anyone who'd been already could explain what would the session include? Trying to decide whether I'd benefit going.
Hi Beth!

Congratulations on your offer! :yeah:

The session we provide will essentially look at revising the content that will come in the tests; the different areas of mathematics and literacy.

They also provide advice and tips for the test itself, how to best manage the time provided, how the test will play out in regards to your arrival and sitting the test, formalities of the test and so on.

When I was a student I needed to sit the tests for my Primary PGCE and I went to these sessions and found them very useful just in regards to show myself how much I remembered from studying Mathematics and Literacy. It also give me a few new ideas for how I was revising each of the subjects.

I found it useful also as place to just ask silly questions that cropped up in my mind like "am I in a room by myself?" or "will I be given scrap paper?". So if you have any doubts, big or small, these sessions are probably useful!

I hope you find this useful, any questions, please give us a shout! :h:

Best of luck,

Ste :beard:
Original post by beth.corser
I've just been offered a place in Liverpool Hope University for the Early Years PGCE course, providing I pass my professional skills test! I saw on their website they have a QTS skills test support session, and was just wondering if anyone who'd been already could explain what would the session include? Trying to decide whether I'd benefit going.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending