The Student Room Group

How long to wait for a uni offer if you've applied late?

I applied to university in March and I've received a conditional offer from some unis, but not from my other choices. I'm aware that it's not likely that you get a super fast response, but I don't know whether I should wait until June/July for a response or if chasing it up now would be best. I really want to be able to secure my place in the uni I want to go to, so that I can try to get some accommodation.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :smile:
Hi, I applied in January just after the deadline to 4 universities and got an offer back from 2 within 2 weeks, however I'm still waiting for the other two. I've now decided to cancel the other 2 places as I wasn't too keen on them anyway, but universities do have until July to respond and I think some do wait until then.

I would probably wait and if you haven't heard anything then I would contact them to discuss your application.

Hope you hear something soon!
Original post by Martith
I applied to university in March and I've received a conditional offer from some unis, but not from my other choices. I'm aware that it's not likely that you get a super fast response, but I don't know whether I should wait until June/July for a response or if chasing it up now would be best. I really want to be able to secure my place in the uni I want to go to, so that I can try to get some accommodation.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Six weeks seems reasonable. Contact admissions and just ask if they know when you might get a decision by. You then have an idea.
Hey,

I applied before the January Deadline and only had a response from one of my choices last week, so it does vary for everyone. However, there is no harm in chasing things if you're concerned!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending