The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i still dont get if ur arguing or ur making points or giving advice lol seriously. Yeah that is why many people come to Britain and settle. Every muslim has to agree things like sex outside marriage or relationship before marriage is strictly forbidden, there might some diff views or so but most people agree on most things. Yes thats a good thing, i would definitely encourage respect for others and etc. And yes, thats my opinion, but i completely respect yours too- btw just to make it clear, i wasnt hating on u or anything, but just making some of ur misunderstandings about islam clear. And there are millions of imams, realistically we should expect all of them to have the same viewpoint
Original post by mgi
No. Have a look at the post again; i did not suggest at all that Christianity, with its views of a trinity, is the same as Islam. lol! Yes it is my opinion that there is no such thing as a superior religion but there is individual choice as to which one you choose to follow. You, like everyone else in this world, has no objective proof that God exists and to be honest you don't have to have proof because faith does not need scientific proifs anyway! The point i am making is that it is for this reason that Britain is a quite a "tolerant" society compared to say Brunei; you are allowed to practice the faith or no faith that you believe in without being harassed. Britain does not insist on a Christian practice only state, ban mosques, churches, Hijabs, Burqas, temples, synagogues,atheists, Buddhists ,Sikhs etc does it? That's Britain. Your relationship choices are for you, but, like it or not, muslims have different interpretations of the same quran that i am assuming that yoy read. Respect and understanding is the way forward in this world i believe. I don't like the word 'tolerance'. Why do I need to tolerate Islam, Christinaity, Buddhism, Sikhism, Atheism etc. Why wouldnt i just respect the person's right to choose differently to me as long as there is no abuse? Agreeing completely in multifaith multicultural Britain-it won't happen and thats fine. For example, you believe in hell and a judgement don't you? I don't and that's fine . Its not likely to change your view or harm you though. (And if Imans have " full knowledge " why then do they sometimes disagree significantly? And so what if they do?)
Original post by FTheOpps
Why are you anonymous? "This religion" doesn't forbid crushes lol do your research. There are so many uneducated people who complain about Islam.

Yeah sure, because there's nothing to complain about. This person had to make a ****ing thread on the internet because your religion makes him uncertain in how sinful he's being regarding the the most normal ****ing human thing in existence.
Notice how there's no "I'm atheist and I like a girl" topics. Whether your religion forbids crushes or not, the fact that it apparently causes your youth this much grief and lack of self confidence is still disgusting.
Original post by Maria23456789
sorry Brother but it is strictly prohibited to have a gf/bf. Please refer to Islamqa it is a trustworthy website where u can get all your answers but you can stay friends.

So you're telling me that you get your islamic information from one website? BF and GF are titles.. it depends on the way you treat each other to call it haram or not... If you do sexual things, yes obvs.. But if you just want to spend time with each other, tell jokes and all that.. Tell me brother, How is that Haram?
The "Muslims" who came to the west - our forefathers including my grandparents commited a very big mistake migrating to these lands of kufr and shirk, and jahiliyya, and raising their children up here where they are exposed to these evils, they will be held accountable for all of these grave sins. May Allah(swt) have mercy upon our forefathers/ancestors who made such huge mistakes, and commited such an evil sin to migrate here. How materialistic they were chasing the wordly desires and life, searching for a "better life" in this dunya whilst putting their akhira on the line. Now they are dead and did they even have a great life when they migrated with the racism that existed back in the 20th century - I am not so sure. Allahu A3lam. SubhanAllah.

Back then, the scholars of Islam were debating whether attaining citizenship in a non-muslim land was kufr or Haraam. However, the "muslims" who migrated were not educated in Islam and likely did not focus so much on it apart from praying 5 times a day and the 4 other pillars. Or some, they just did not care as much.

Moreover, now today in recent times the scholars are debating whether attaining citizenship in a non-muslim land is haraam or not. SubhanAllah.

I believe that Muslims should be looking to go make hijrah to muslim-majority countries. It is not a good idea to raise a family in a non-muslim environment. One should not build their "hopes and freams" in the west. They should contribute to the muslim-majority countries and seek to build places up there.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by aeman
idk what mathhab you follow (which iman) but youre not allowed to have a gf/bf in islam. It can easily lead to other things. Thats why it’s haram. Just be careful because saying something isnt haram when it is is the worst sin. Good luck tho

Like I said with someone else, it depends how you treat this situation as BF/GF are just titles.. If you just want to have a good time, joke about, watch movies, etc. How is that Haram? It's simple, just don't do any sexual stuff it's fine... If you still think it's haram, tell me why?
Reply 125
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
Like I said with someone else, it depends how you treat this situation as BF/GF are just titles.. If you just want to have a good time, joke about, watch movies, etc. How is that Haram? It's simple, just don't do any sexual stuff it's fine... If you still think it's haram, tell me why?

i get what you’re saying because in this time it’s completely normal to talk to the opposite sex. But we’ve definitely become normalised to it. Its just a fact that a girl shouldnt be alone in the room with a boy who isnt her mehram, and that boys should lower their gaze. It’s normal for us these days but consider that esteemed scholars even prohibit TALKING to the opposite gender. In stories with the sahabas, they observed modesty and shyness and thats what Islam likes : Keeping talking to the opposite sex that isnt your family to a minimum unless necessary.
Original post by jjjjxxx
islam doesnt allow ppl to have bf and gf lmao wat u on about. Someone may have a crush and that is totally natural as we are human beings and cant control feelings, but that should end there and thats it

Why? What's haram about it? As i Have said BF/GF are titles.. it depends how you take those titles which is how it becomes Haram.. If you do sexual things, yes obvs.. but what if you just want to be close with someone? How is that Haram?
Your choice at the end. I'm a Sunni Muslim too, but at the end of the day, it's your life and you get to decide how you want to live it out. It's not haram getting to know the girl friendship wise, but if it becomes more than that, you have to inform her parents. It's not a bad thing looool
(edited 4 years ago)
A fundamental attraction with a biological basis between a man and women is haram? Ok...
Original post by aeman
i get what you’re saying because in this time it’s completely normal to talk to the opposite sex. But we’ve definitely become normalised to it. Its just a fact that a girl shouldnt be alone in the room with a boy who isnt her mehram, and that boys should lower their gaze. It’s normal for us these days but consider that esteemed scholars even prohibit TALKING to the opposite gender. In stories with the sahabas, they observed modesty and shyness and thats what Islam likes : Keeping talking to the opposite sex that isnt your family to a minimum unless necessary.

Bro what you on about? Islam likes shyness? All you extremists missinterpret lowering your gaze.. It's just a metaphorical term which means show respect.. That's the problem with our society, they take every single word too seriously.. You tell me, why is it wrong to talk to the opposite Gender? They're humans right? so we can talk freely.. just mentain respect whilst doing it.
Original post by AsithU
Yeah sure, because there's nothing to complain about. This person had to make a ****ing thread on the internet because your religion makes him uncertain in how sinful he's being regarding the the most normal ****ing human thing in existence.
Notice how there's no "I'm atheist and I like a girl" topics. Whether your religion forbids crushes or not, the fact that it apparently causes your youth this much grief and lack of self confidence is still disgusting.

What an uneducated idiot. Let's look at your choice of words here, shall we? Firstly, we'll look at grief. See this source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_depression. This source depicts the rates of depression by country. In Western countries, it is much higher. In Saudi Arabia, it is much lower. Why do you think this is? Western culture! It is Western culture that cause grief and a perfectionist ideology. This perfectionist ideology has many roots, one being the lack of modest clothing that you wear. Both males and females dress unmodestly in Western countries. What does unmodest clothing cause? Lust! And what does lust cause? Unrealistic expectations. I'm not saying people should cover themselves, or even that women should be forced to wear hijabs (they're actually not, and you'll find that a large number of practicing Muslim women do not). I'm saying that people should dress modestly so as to not cause lust. Lust can cause people to feel unworthy themselves and thereby reduce self confidence. Get the **** out of here with your uneducated arguments. The West has spread this perfectionist ideology, especially through social media. With social media, you see young males and females constantly posting pictures of themselves which are untrue to how they actually look. People see this and strive to be perfect. This causes self doubt, anxiety and depression.

Edit: The fact that this person felt obligated to make this thread shows the tentative culture that Western society has created. They felt lust due to, and I'll use some of your hypocritical words here, disgusting Western culture.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by aeman

You know youre extreme when other Muslims call you out - talking to the opposite gender is 100% ok, talking does not equal relationship lol
Oh my god, this is the facts; you can get to know her all that. But if it becomes more and leads to marriage, you have to ask her parents. Simple. Why are people escalating that much lmao
What an uneducated idiot. Let's look at your choice of words here, shall we? Firstly, we'll look at grief. See this source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_depression. This source depicts the rates of depression by country. In Western countries, it is much higher. In Saudi Arabia, it is much lower. Why do you think this is? Western culture! It is Western culture that cause grief and a perfectionist ideology. This perfectionist ideology has many roots, one being the lack of modest clothing that you wear. Both males and females dress unmodestly in Western countries. What does unmodest clothing cause? Lust! And what does lust cause? Unrealistic expectations. I'm not saying people should cover themselves, or even that women should be forced to wear hijabs (they're actually not, and you'll find that a large number of practicing Muslim women do not). I'm saying that people should dress modestly so as to not cause lust. Lust can cause people to feel unworthy themselves and thereby reduce self confidence. Get the **** out of here with your uneducated arguments. The West has spread this perfectionist ideology, especially through social media. With social media, you see young males and females constantly posting pictures of themselves which are untrue to how they actually look. People see this and strive to be perfect. This causes self doubt, anxiety and depression.

wtf are you talking about? I wasn't talking about depression or lust, but since you brought it up, this Muslim literally has "masturbation problems" and is even looking to get married just because of it. Your religion isn't doing a very good job if it wants to stop lust. (and lust is human, for the record. It's not a bad thing, only religion pretends its a bad thing. I'd rather be lustful than be a blind Muslim any day)
Reply 134
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
Bro what you on about? Islam likes shyness? All you extremists missinterpret lowering your gaze.. It's just a metaphorical term which means show respect.. That's the problem with our society, they take every single word too seriously.. You tell me, why is it wrong to talk to the opposite Gender? They're humans right? so we can talk freely.. just mentain respect whilst doing it.

Yooo chill out. I’m not a flippin extremist. I cba talking to you because I clearly said in the original post, DIFFERENT MATHABS. I’ve interpreted my religion differently to you and that shouldn’t concern you. A hadith literally says ‘modesty is half of islam’ and MY INTERPRETATION of that is to observe shyness and not rash or obnoxious or loud behaviour.
Best of luck with your decisions girl!! Another Muslim kid
Original post by AsithU
wtf are you talking about? I wasn't talking about depression or lust, but since you brought it up, this Muslim literally has "masturbation problems" and is even looking to get married just because of it. Your religion isn't doing a very good job if it wants to stop lust. (and lust is human, for the record. It's not a bad thing, only religion pretends its a bad thing. I'd rather be lustful than be a blind Muslim any day)

Lol you're actually making this too easy. I linked lust to your "point" about self-confidence. Since you're too ignorant to choose your words carefully, let's take a look at the definition of grief: intense sorrow. Intense sorrow, hmm what's a word for chronic and intense sorrow? Depression. Lust is human? Can't say I know anyone called lust. Maybe go back to school and learn some English, maybe do some RE and research your points before making blind statements. Lol, used one of your hypocritical words again.
Saying this whilst being Anonymous, how brave :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
God this religion's rules are garbage
I swear, everytime someone creates a thread with the word "Islam" or "Muslim" in it all the elitist atheists get triggered

Edit: Need to add a definition for the idiot - demonstrating a superior attitude or behaviour associated with an elite.

example: "some that say he is a spoiled, elitist snob"
(edited 4 years ago)
I swear, everytime someone creates a thread with the word "Islam" or "Muslim" in it all the elitist atheists get triggered

Doesnt take elitists to figure out that rules made by 7th century Arabian men sitting in the desert is out of date and sometimes terrible imo :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending