Periods are awful. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am cranky af. And I would like nothing to do with human interaction whatsoever.

How do others cope with it? Do you just shut yourself in your room and binge-watch and binge-eat or is there a better way to deal with this?
EW,WHAT?
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
While chocolate is great to emotionally calm you and make you happier it actually makes your cramps worse, So back off the sweet stuff. Locking yourself in the room is not the best idea also cuz you have a lack of exercise causing your body to naturally cramp up especially if you stay in the same position.
What can help inprove is:
- Water, it thins out your blood making your periods have a weaker flow hence less cramps
- exercise , even if its just walking as it makes your blood circulate your body better keeping it oxidised
- Stop thinking about it , your brain tricks you into thinking it hurts more than it actually does
- Tea but no coffee , too much caffeine can distrupt your chemical balance in your body
- Sex, It releases tension apparently , stretching your walls allowing a better blood flow. Strange one I know.
-Hot water bottle, that explains it all , hot water bottle
Hope it clears soon
Nikki0333
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly, thats pretty much what I do when I have the option. If not, I honestly just drink lots of water, eat whatever I'm craving and try my best to ignore its even there by distracting myself with friends. Periods do suck! But we all get through it
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am cranky af. And I would like nothing to do with human interaction whatsoever.

How do others cope with it? Do you just shut yourself in your room and binge-watch and binge-eat or is there a better way to deal with this?
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I coped with it by getting rid of them! I went on the coil and now I don't have them anymore and my life has improved x10000000.

Lucy
sim12345
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My period pain use to last three days in a row, constantly had to take pain killers every 4 hours as the pain would spread to my lower back too. However, they have seemed to stop but when they do start it is painful.
I tend to drink plenty of water, and stay away from dairy foods for 2-3 days it seems to do the trick for me. As others have stated hot water bottle does the job. Try reading a novel or watch a movie, if the pain is quite bad take a little nap
(Original post by Anonymous)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (41)
5.69%
Fairly positive (239)
33.19%
Just another year... (285)
39.58%
Is it 2020 yet? (155)
21.53%

Watched Threads