is it ok to workout before bed? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have prom in just under 2 months however i also have GCSE's and the only way i can fit a workout is right before i go to bed but is that healthy/ a good idea?
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report 1 week ago
Why not wake up earlier and do it in the morning?
kurro
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That is what I kind of do as I work out at about 8pm-9pm, have food straight away then go to sleep around 11:30-12. There have been no bad things that have happened to my body so I guess it's okay.

But I would suggest you wait 2-3 hours after the workout so you can sleep.
jenxaus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have often worked out before bed. My gym posted something recently comparing early morning and late evening workouts. The verdict was that they're both good and have different benefits! The perks of the evening was that you're able to lift more weights apparently and are generally stronger! I don't know how true it is but put it this way they didn't mention late night workouts being bad for you.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
kurro
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jenxaus)
I have often worked out before bed. My gym posted something recently comparing early morning and late evening workouts. The verdict was that they're both good and have different benefits! The perks of the evening was that you're able to lift more weights apparently and are generally stronger! I don't know how true it is but put it this way they didn't mention late night workouts being bad for you.
As this person said, late night workouts will help you lift the most weight as you consumed calories throughout the day.

But if you are looking to lose weight, a session before breakfast is beneficial as there are no calories for your body to use so it uses fat cells.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Why not wake up earlier and do it in the morning?
i don't go to bed until around 10 or 11 so I'm usually really tired in the morning
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The only downside to working out before going to bed is if you drink a lot of water during your workout you will likely be waking up 1-2 times during the night to use the lavatory.
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have prom in just under 2 months however i also have GCSE's and the only way i can fit a workout is right before i go to bed but is that healthy/ a good idea?
I do ten minutes with dumbells right before getting in bed. Though I do it fairly gently, not to get "ripped" but just to mitigate a fairly inactive lifestyle.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I find I don't sleep well but each to their own.
black tea
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You'll struggle to sleep after an intense workout before bed.
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
It is good. I noticed I even sleep better after working out.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (38)
5.72%
Fairly positive (217)
32.68%
Just another year... (263)
39.61%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise