TCL
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by SudanesePrince)
Where did you get the cut-off figure for 2019 entry? I have sent several emails to the university about previous years cut-offs to which they reply that they do not have the information available and it would be unuseful seen as it varies annually.
From this thread last year. My son got an interview with 37 points and people with 36 points did not get interviews.
flowergirl15
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You know how it’s 5,5,3A for band 5. Do they add them together to make 13 or have individual band cut offs. Because i got 5,6,4.0 and 3.5A. This totals 13.1 which is higher than 5,5,3A but if they have individual cut offs will my 4 put me in a lower band?
SudanesePrince
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by TCL)
From this thread last year. My son got an interview with 37 points and people with 36 points did not get interviews.
I see, thank you for the quick reply.
Abzy2002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi there, I was wondering if leeds score 8/9's the same?
I have 2 9's, 5 8's and 2 7's, and an AAA prediction, that should make my score to be 33/40 before BMAT
I am also eligible for A2L I believe, does this definitely mean that I need to get less points to secure an interview?
tsiondawit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, what is this point scoring system? Nothing about this is mentioned in the entry requirements on their website.
TCL
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by tsiondawit)
Hi, what is this point scoring system? Nothing about this is mentioned in the entry requirements on their website.
I put details on the 2020 thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5934012
DoctoorAmz19
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi there TCL,

I was wondering whether you had any information on how they score Graduate applicants.

My stats are: 2.1 in Biomedical Sciences (Achieved), ABB at A-Level & 5A* 6A 1B at GCSE (B in Humanities GCSE)
TCL
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by DoctoorAmz19)
Hi there TCL,

I was wondering whether you had any information on how they score Graduate applicants.

My stats are: 2.1 in Biomedical Sciences (Achieved), ABB at A-Level & 5A* 6A 1B at GCSE (B in Humanities GCSE)
Sorry, no I don't. Look for grads on last years thread.
DoctoorAmz19
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by TCL)
Sorry, no I don't. Look for grads on last years thread.
No worries! Thank you for the fast response.
Yashchou
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What cut off point expected for medicine 2020 entry for medicine at Leeds? ,Anyone knows what Bmat score counted to 5 points for Leeds last year and what Bmat score gave 1 point on their application last year? Asking for my son who has 24 out of 27 in GCSE and 8 for predicted A level grades? He is still do Bmat. Thanks in advance
TCL
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Yashchou)
What cut off point expected for medicine 2020 entry for medicine at Leeds? ,Anyone knows what Bmat score counted to 5 points for Leeds last year and what Bmat score gave 1 point on their application last year? Asking for my son who has 24 out of 27 in GCSE and 8 for predicted A level grades? He is still do Bmat. Thanks in advance
Cut off was 37 last year and I expect 37 or 38 this year so it is a slightly risky choice. 5,5,3A was enough for 5/5 in BMAT scoring last year, but don't know how much over the threshold it was. Obviously thresholds move which is why Leeds are so cagey about giving advice.
Yashchou
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks for prompt response. 38 out of 40 for cut off sounds so high so looks like very high academics only apply and I thought this used be not the case when previously they score the personal statement. To be honest with you to score 38 out of 40 the student is of Oxbridge caliber. Thanks
TCL
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks for prompt response. 38 out of 40 for cut off sounds so high so looks like very high academics only apply and I thought this used be not the case when previously they score the personal statement. To be honest with you to score 38 out of 40 the student is of Oxbridge caliber. Thanks
They give full points for AAA at AS, so it used to be more accessible to applicants on track for AAA at A level, but with the move to linear A levels, it will really suits people who are applying to Oxford with very strong GCSEs and BMAT. I think it will be nearly all grammar and private schools soon!
Yashchou
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
on another note is Brighton and sussex better medical school to apply with the academics that my son has ? Brighton and sussex website does metion 16.1 as bmat score needed last year for interview which does seem quite a high score, Just want to maximise son's chances of getting an interview . thanks for all the help here
Mckailer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Does anybody happen to know how anatomy is taught on this programme, is it through dissection or prosection?
TCL
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
on another note is Brighton and sussex better medical school to apply with the academics that my son has ? Brighton and sussex website does metion 16.1 as bmat score needed last year for interview which does seem quite a high score, Just want to maximise son's chances of getting an interview . thanks for all the help here
Sorry, don't know much about BSMS but I think the 16.1 includes 5 if your son had an A in section 3, so 4.1,4.0,3A would be enough. Calculation may not be quite like that, I don't know details, just know that you can get a lot from S3 unlike other BMAT med schools.
Yashchou
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
what does everyone think will be cut off for points for getting interview for Leeds Medicine 2020 entry ? last year it seemed to be very high at 37 . Will this go down or go up or stay the same?
Mckailer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you are applying through Access to Leeds do you still need to meet the cut off score for interview or are these applications judged separately?
TCL
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
what does everyone think will be cut off for points for getting interview for Leeds Medicine 2020 entry ? last year it seemed to be very high at 37 . Will this go down or go up or stay the same?
It is likely to stay the same or go up as there are a lot more 8/9 grades around than there were A*s (roughly twice as many). Can't be higher than 38 though.
r22002020
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, I'm applying to Leeds through this as I am eligible. I wanted if anyone has experience with this? How much detail are you meant to put, I meet 2 of the entry requirements?
Also with this do they also rank your GCSE's and BMAT and give you an interview invite after looking at all the applicants. I'm confused about how it affects my application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (431)
67.77%
No (205)
32.23%

Watched Threads