rohanodo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hey I thought that I should add a forum where we can all collectively predict (guess?) what MIGHT come up in this years paper!
Grace_Shaw
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Nice!
lulu9121
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Primrose kitten's predicted papers predicted a 6 marker about the heart, required practical being the pondweed one and aerobic and anaerobic respiration etc, not sure though
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Potential 6 markers: how the digestive/circulatory system works, adaptations of cells/organs, comparison of cell transport - diffusion, osmosis, etc, transport of water/food through plant, and methods for the required practicals.

They didn't ask about the photosynthesis and microscopy practicals, so they might come up. They might even bring in Paper 2 practicals like they did with the decay practical. Sneaky, AQA, sneaky.
Wonyo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm sure diffusion stuff is a given. Like, vegetables and osmosis and what not, always comes up I think.

I also think they'll ask about heart/digestive/circulatory systems.
Ziyad Skinner
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
her predicted papers seem unrealistic and the mark schemes are very odd, or am i the only one who thinks this
(Original post by lulu9121)
Primrose kitten's predicted papers predicted a 6 marker about the heart, required practical being the pondweed one and aerobic and anaerobic respiration etc, not sure though
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Ziyad Skinner)
her predicted papers seem unrealistic and the mark schemes are very odd, or am i the only one who thinks this
I agree with you. On her predicted paper, there was 4 marks just for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. In one of the Combined specimen papers, they only gave you 1 mark for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. And there was also an 8 marker about the structure of the heart - but the highest mark questions they'll ever give you in the exam is a 6 marker?
W00FWhale
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Totally agree with you some of the paper is badly worded. I'm sure these topics have a good chance of coming up, but I am not sure if it is going to be worded in the way she has created them. It's very odd.
(Original post by Anthos)
I agree with you. On her predicted paper, there was 4 marks just for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. In one of the Combined specimen papers, they only gave you 1 mark for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. And there was also an 8 marker about the structure of the heart - but the highest mark questions they'll ever give you in the exam is a 6 marker?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?