rohanodo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey I thought that I should add a forum where we can all collectively predict (guess?) what MIGHT come up in this years paper!
Grace_542
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nice!
lulu9121
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Primrose kitten's predicted papers predicted a 6 marker about the heart, required practical being the pondweed one and aerobic and anaerobic respiration etc, not sure though
Anthos
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Potential 6 markers: how the digestive/circulatory system works, adaptations of cells/organs, comparison of cell transport - diffusion, osmosis, etc, transport of water/food through plant, and methods for the required practicals.

They didn't ask about the photosynthesis and microscopy practicals, so they might come up. They might even bring in Paper 2 practicals like they did with the decay practical. Sneaky, AQA, sneaky.
Wonyo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm sure diffusion stuff is a given. Like, vegetables and osmosis and what not, always comes up I think.

I also think they'll ask about heart/digestive/circulatory systems.
Ziyad Skinner
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
her predicted papers seem unrealistic and the mark schemes are very odd, or am i the only one who thinks this
(Original post by lulu9121)
Primrose kitten's predicted papers predicted a 6 marker about the heart, required practical being the pondweed one and aerobic and anaerobic respiration etc, not sure though
Anthos
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ziyad Skinner)
her predicted papers seem unrealistic and the mark schemes are very odd, or am i the only one who thinks this
I agree with you. On her predicted paper, there was 4 marks just for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. In one of the Combined specimen papers, they only gave you 1 mark for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. And there was also an 8 marker about the structure of the heart - but the highest mark questions they'll ever give you in the exam is a 6 marker?
W00FWhale
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Totally agree with you some of the paper is badly worded. I'm sure these topics have a good chance of coming up, but I am not sure if it is going to be worded in the way she has created them. It's very odd.
(Original post by Anthos)
I agree with you. On her predicted paper, there was 4 marks just for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. In one of the Combined specimen papers, they only gave you 1 mark for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. And there was also an 8 marker about the structure of the heart - but the highest mark questions they'll ever give you in the exam is a 6 marker?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.53%
Uncertainty around my education (70)
11.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (67)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (77)
12.9%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.53%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (33)
5.53%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.55%
Financial worries (39)
6.53%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (35)
5.86%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (16)
2.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (59)
9.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (48)
8.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed