The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 1 14 May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Same
Original post by 21stylish
what the hell was that efficiency question? and the 10kn in the rope

Original post by saherb
forreal i didnt even know what the useful work would be for the efficiency and the entirety of the rope question i messed up because i started running out of time
Original post by Umm.okay
Same

what do you think boundary for an A will be?
it was 43 for the JAN 2019 one so it should be lower since this was way way way harder
Original post by saherb
it was 43 for the JAN 2019 one so it should be lower since this was way way way harder

hopefully. also how did you find the diameter of the firework?
i literally made stuff up i was like find the difference in times and multiply it by the vertical component of velocity using the angle u found lmao ik its wrong
hopefully. also how did you find the diameter of the firework?
Original post by saherb
i literally made stuff up i was like find the difference in times and multiply it by the vertical component of velocity using the angle u found lmao ik its wrong

i was like find the difference in times. multiply by speed. then use tan theta into adjacent(the distnace traveled)= which equals the opposite length which is the diameter
For anyone who did the new syllabus how was the paper?
I left he last two pages cause no time and the others idk wht I even wrote... just blabbered some bs
I’m failin for sure unless the grade boundaries are like 20 :cry2::bawling:
how did you get 9.3 its supposed to be 13kn right

cause you have mgh = 1/2fx

we find h by first finding height fallen without being stretched so 0.8 x original length of rope

then find the amount rope stretched by

total height fallen = add them together

then algebra for f
the rope thing i got 9.3 kn but that efficiency question man damn. also the terminal velocity. i didnt see that upthrust was negligible so i prolly lost 8 marks there. Damn. What was the distance you got in the last part?
Original post by basilqazi
how did you get 9.3 its supposed to be 13kn right

cause you have mgh = 1/2fx

we find h by first finding height fallen without being stretched so 0.8 x original length of rope

then find the amount rope stretched by

total height fallen = add them together

then algebra for f

ah **** nvm. how did you do the moments thing?
i said that you find the distance from center of fire work using speed of sound x time taken
then use sin(psi/2) x distance found to get radius
multply by 2 to get diameter
i was like find the difference in times. multiply by speed. then use tan theta into adjacent(the distnace traveled)= which equals the opposite length which is the diameter
ah **** nvm. how did you do the moments thing?

i literally ****ing measured my forearm so estimated at around 45 cm
and got tension at around 140N

cause cos(70) x 4/100 x T = moment of weight of bar + moment of weight of ball basically
i literally ****ing measured my forearm

cause cos(70) x 4/100 x T = moment of weight of bar + moment of weight of ball basically

LMFAOO yeah i got around 147n . so i think there must be a range. u mean sin(70)?
LMFAOO yeah i got around 147n . so i think there must be a range. u mean sin(70)?

yeah sorry sin
Guys PLEASE DID ANYONE DO THE OLD SYLLABUS. I barely finished it and i found it so tricky. grade boundaries?
Reply 194
wdum u measured ur forearm..i kept getting the whole thing from the pic which was 5.5 cm
i literally ****ing measured my forearm so estimated at around 45 cm

Original post by : ).
wdum u measured ur forearm..i kept getting the whole thing from the pic which was 5.5 cm

its not to scale plus like 13cm of the beam was already marked
it says diagram is not to scale my man and whos mans got a fore arm the size of 5.5cm i didnt know t rexes still out here
Original post by : ).
My efficiency was 86% and force turned out to be 12kN, velocity of raindrop was around 7m/s.
Tension was about 133N.
I don't know if any of them are correct
for efficiency did you do
mgh/tension in rope x 15 ?
Original post by mariamlara
My efficiency was 86% and force turned out to be 12kN, velocity of raindrop was around 7m/s.
Tension was about 133N.
I don't know if any of them are correct
Reply 199
omg i hated that Q!!!!!!!
i didnt have time to think and write the 6 mark question after the graph
what the hell was that efficiency question? and the 10kn in the rope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending