Does this count as cheating? Watch

anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah that makes sense. I don’t think I led my ex on since he wasn’t ready or serious enough for a relationship anyways. The other guy though...you’re probably right. I’m sure it’s too late by now for a potential relationship with him which sucks :/
Sorry, I just try and ship everyone =P
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Why's that? I'm sure he'd be all the more flattered if you got back in touch after some time. Don't make up reasons not to pursue things with people! But if you don't want to, then don't I guess
Trust me I definitely want to, he’s so great to talk to and he’s my type! Honestly, I’m already over my ex because I was never as happy as I should have been when I was with him and I know he’s also already moved on as well, but I’m just worried that if I move on too quickly the other guy might think he’s the rebound or something? Granted he doesn’t know that I was in a relationship let alone that I just got out of one but I’m just worried about moving too fast, him eventually finding out and thinking I’m just using him or something.....idk if I’m overthinking things but it’s hard to be optimistic😭But I might just end up shooting my shot anyways and risking it hah
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Sorry, I just try and ship everyone =P
Lol I can relate haha. I appreciate it, thank you!
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Trust me I definitely want to, he’s so great to talk to and he’s my type! Honestly, I’m already over my ex because I was never as happy as I should have been when I was with him and I know he’s also already moved on as well, but I’m just worried that if I move on too quickly the other guy might think he’s the rebound or something? Granted he doesn’t know that I was in a relationship let alone that I just got out of one but I’m just worried about moving too fast, him eventually finding out and thinking I’m just using him or something.....idk if I’m overthinking things but it’s hard to be optimistic😭But I might just end up shooting my shot anyways and risking it hah
You sound brave. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Violet1979
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think it's cheating. You were in that grey area and most of the time new relationships start in that phase. So not at all. And don't feel guilty. You've not set out to harm anyone. You're not s bad person....Just completely normal
Anonymous #1
You sound brave. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Thank you!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Violet1979)
I don't think it's cheating. You were in that grey area and most of the time new relationships start in that phase. So not at all. And don't feel guilty. You've not set out to harm anyone. You're not s bad person....Just completely normal
Thanks so much! A lot of these comments have made me feel a lot better and made me think things through. Even though what I did is not exactly classified as cheating I definitely won’t do it again. Thank you for your reply!
Violet1979
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No worries but shows a lot about your character and empathy that you questioned yourself. You're obviously a decent person with good morals
Thanks so much! A lot of these comments have made me feel a lot better and made me think things through. Even though what I did is not exactly classified as cheating I definitely won’t do it again. Thank you for your reply!
Flowergirl2019
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
From reading ur post u didn't Cheat but
The conversations you had with him were they innocent? If you flirted back with that guy while you were in a relationship, now that would be frowned upon in my book. You met him before you were officially with ur ex but I think Wether u met him before or after U got with ur ex as long as there were no lines crossed physically or through text or whatever. Personally I think a relationship works best when neither have friends of the opossite sex but that's just what works for me. I don't think it's cheating if you didn't do anything physical or flirted back. However if ur ex is upset/ hurt and is making u feel like u cheated I can see why if ur now dating the guy. I don't know details but from what u posted there's my 2cents. Hope it helps
Little advice though
Don't beat yourself up too bad if you didn't physically cheat
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Flowergirl2019)
From reading ur post u didn't Cheat but
The conversations you had with him were they innocent? If you flirted back with that guy while you were in a relationship, now that would be frowned upon in my book. You met him before you were officially with ur ex but I think Wether u met him before or after U got with ur ex as long as there were no lines crossed physically or through text or whatever. Personally I think a relationship works best when neither have friends of the opossite sex but that's just what works for me. I don't think it's cheating if you didn't do anything physical or flirted back. However if ur ex is upset/ hurt and is making u feel like u cheated I can see why if ur now dating the guy. I don't know details but from what u posted there's my 2cents. Hope it helps
Little advice though
Don't beat yourself up too bad if you didn't physically cheat
Yes, they were innocent in the sense that I was only just getting to know him and it was mostly small talk. He didn’t really flirt with me a lot per se but he complimented me a few times and even suggested cooking for me. I didn’t flirt back but I didn’t exactly make it explicit that I had a boyfriend either :/ This was around a month ago and it was when it hit home that I really wasn’t happy in my relationship nor was I getting treated right, so I think that’s why I didn’t mention my ex; I didn’t see a reason to seeing as I’d probably end things with him soon. Ik that doesn’t really excuse it but yeah. No lines were crossed between me and the other guy, I never met up with him irl or flirted back. My ex didn’t know about him and he wouldn’t have been hurt because he didn’t care enough about me haha. I get what you mean about friends of the opposite sex but I personally think it’s fine as long as it’s strictly friendship, you don’t flirt with them and the number of opposite sex friends doesn’t override the number of same sex friends you have (I just described my ex haha, he has a LOT of female friends). I’m not dating the other guy but I did decide to start talking to him again a few hours ago now that the weight of my ex is off my shoulders, hopefully it works out thank you!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Violet1979)
No worries but shows a lot about your character and empathy that you questioned yourself. You're obviously a decent person with good morals
I do try to be hehe thank you!
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's not cheating, but it's not good.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
It's not cheating, but it's not good.
Yeah, I agree. I don’t plan to do it again!
Flowergirl2019
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds to me like your ex wasn't a very good boyfriend to you. Sometimes in a relationship it can be easy to Question happiness even when everything is great but much easier to do so when the person ur with isn't a good boyfriend or isn't fully committed. If you were unhappy and feel he didn't care then don't feel bad for moving on. You didn't cheat on him or even flirt. That speaks of the kind of person you are, most people probably would have but instead you decided to end it first. So no you didn't cheat and good for you for moving on.
Yes, they were innocent in the sense that I was only just getting to know him and it was mostly small talk. He didn’t really flirt with me a lot per se but he complimented me a few times and even suggested cooking for me. I didn’t flirt back but I didn’t exactly make it explicit that I had a boyfriend either :/ This was around a month ago and it was when it hit home that I really wasn’t happy in my relationship nor was I getting treated right, so I think that’s why I didn’t mention my ex; I didn’t see a reason to seeing as I’d probably end things with him soon. Ik that doesn’t really excuse it but yeah. No lines were crossed between me and the other guy, I never met up with him irl or flirted back. My ex didn’t know about him and he wouldn’t have been hurt because he didn’t care enough about me haha. I get what you mean about friends of the opposite sex but I personally think it’s fine as long as it’s strictly friendship, you don’t flirt with them and the number of opposite sex friends doesn’t override the number of same sex friends you have (I just described my ex haha, he has a LOT of female friends). I’m not dating the other guy but I did decide to start talking to him again a few hours ago now that the weight of my ex is off my shoulders, hopefully it works out thank you!
5683grosart
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What do you mean by getting with? And I didn’t get with anyone when we broke up, I’d been talking to the other guy before my ex and I broke up. That’s why I felt bad
Sorry I mistyped - what I meant was that talking to a guy and doing a little meanless flirting is completely harmless unless you were properly full-on flirting, try not to worry you haven't done anything wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (518)
26.21%
The paper was reasonable (861)
43.57%
Not feeling great about that exam (388)
19.64%
It was TERRIBLE (209)
10.58%

Watched Threads