UCAS application 2020 (by myself) Watch

Pedro059
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, my name is Pedro and I'm currently studying Economics at the University of Sao Paulo, in Brazil. However, I've been thinking about applying for universities in the UK, which I would do by myself (not through a sixth form) and I'm aiming an entry in 2020. My main options would be LSE, UCL and Oxbridge. My question is, would I be able to (depending on my grades) study at one of these universities if I took my A levels in May/June 2020? If so, do you have any suggest on how I should proceed with regards to UCAS and the A-levels?

Thanks a lot, I understand it's a somewhat confusing situation so if you're not sure and wanna leave a guess, please feel free to do so
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes you would be able to apply. As an Oxbridge applicant you will need to apply by October (15th) I think and use predicted grades. Ucas opens in September so you can apply then. If you chose not to apply to Oxbridge you have until January(15th) I think. Just be aware Oxbridge and LSE in particular are very competitive and there is no guarantee you will be accepted even if you meet the grades. These kinds of universities usually require Maths and sometimes Further Maths for economics.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...content-tab--3
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....rses/economics
http://search.lse.ac.uk/s/redirect?c...e+%24%2B%2B%22
(Original post by Pedro059)
Hi guys, my name is Pedro and I'm currently studying Economics at the University of Sao Paulo, in Brazil. However, I've been thinking about applying for universities in the UK, which I would do by myself (not through a sixth form) and I'm aiming an entry in 2020. My main options would be LSE, UCL and Oxbridge. My question is, would I be able to (depending on my grades) study at one of these universities if I took my A levels in May/June 2020? If so, do you have any suggest on how I should proceed with regards to UCAS and the A-levels?

Thanks a lot, I understand it's a somewhat confusing situation so if you're not sure and wanna leave a guess, please feel free to do so
Pedro059
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi swanseajack1, thanks for the reply. About my predict grades, would I just predict them myself, then? Or should I contact some sort of UCAS advisor?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
These are usually provided by your school or college who also provide your reference. You complete your own personal statement. If you have nobody I am not sure how this is done. Perhaps PQ might have more information.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please look at this it will give you answers as to who would be your reference and that they would provide your predicted grades. Whilst offers are based on predicted you would need to achieve the actual grades in your exams or you would lose your place. You can apply with qualifications from your own country rather than A levels. The universities will be able to advise you better. You are also going to need to prove your English is of the necessary standard and will probably need to obtain IELTS or similar.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5934430
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (38)
24.52%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (53)
34.19%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (27)
17.42%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (12)
7.74%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (25)
16.13%

Watched Threads