The Student Room Group

I slept with my mates girl

I know what I did was bad. I feel bad because this is one of my good mates from home. I was out at the pub with some friends and a group of girls are next to us, when I see this blonde girl. She comes over and starts talking to me. We chatted for a good while and I asked her if she had a boyfriend, she said no.

So then we took our group to one of her friend's flats, and started to drink a bit. I'm not much of a hardcore drinker so I was drinking very minimal in comparison to my other friends. Then and this girl start to get cozy and she tells me she wants to just relax with me alone. I was down and then one thing led to another and we slept together. This was 1 week and a half ago. We've been chatting since. she told me she was heading out of town to visit some friends, so we couldn't hangout. I was on snapchat and I went through my mate's story when I see her in it and he's leaning his head on her. I was shocked. I messaged her and it would be too long to explain here.

I told my mate that I didn't know she was his girl because I had not seen her on his social media and plus I only see my mate whenever I'm on break. He's pissed of course but he's angrier at her for doing what she did. I'm trying to make amends with my mate, how can I?
You’ve explained to him truthfully the explanation and I don’t think there’s anything you should do expect give him some time alone and wait for him to talk to you.
It doesn't sound like you did anything bad, exactly - you couldn't really have known. This is sort of what comes with the territory, when you sleep with people you don't know well.
Reply 3
You could expect his girlfriend (or soon-to-be ex), to twist some story and try to bring you down with her.

You didn't do anything wrong because she lied to you and you didn't know. You've done your bit, now he just has to believe you. Can't fault him for being angry, it's just unfortunate that this happened.
Original post by Anonymous
I only see my mate whenever I'm on break. He's pissed of course

Tell him not to turn to drinking mate, he'll regret it in the long run.
Original post by UWS
You could expect his girlfriend (or soon-to-be ex), to twist some story and try to bring you down with her.

You didn't do anything wrong because she lied to you and you didn't know. You've done your bit, now he just has to believe you. Can't fault him for being angry, it's just unfortunate that this happened.

Fully agree with this so make sure to communicate your side of the story really well because it was her wrongdoing, not yours. You didn’t know she was with someone and she cozied up to you and didn’t think to mention she was with someone
Reply 6
Thanks. I did tell him exactly how things happened. I'm backing off for a bit so he can process this right. I don't know if she's been telling him anything else, probably since she lied to me too. I guess there isn't much I can do besides just let things cool down and go from there.
Original post by PetitePanda
You’ve explained to him truthfully the explanation and I don’t think there’s anything you should do expect give him some time alone and wait for him to talk to you.

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It doesn't sound like you did anything bad, exactly - you couldn't really have known. This is sort of what comes with the territory, when you sleep with people you don't know well.

Original post by UWS

Reply 7
I know but I don't think he'll listen to me right now
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Tell him not to turn to drinking mate, he'll regret it in the long run.
Reply 8
Yeah, I wouldn't put it past her, she did lie to me. I told him everything that happened, I don't know if he believed me since that's his bird you know, but I said what I needed to say about it.
Original post by vortex13
Fully agree with this so make sure to communicate your side of the story really well because it was her wrongdoing, not yours. You didn’t know she was with someone and she cozied up to you and didn’t think to mention she was with someone
She lied about having a boyfriend and you didn't know she was his girlfriend regardless, so she is solely to blame here. Backing off and giving him some time to process what happened is a smart move, he'll appreciate that more than you insisting you talk about it constantly.
I hope your mate sees through her ******** - if he doesn't then she'll only end up cheating again and he'll kick himself in the long run.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending