Failing/ not Graduating Watch
Student life, in partnership with UEA
This is a complex question,So I’ll stsrt at the beginning I found out I was pregnant last September as my third and final year began, as I was living with my partner And commuted to my uni (100 miles away) everyday and due to severe health problems I struggled to attend classes. However still managed to get the work done. In December my partner of 3 years left me 6 months pregnant and with a apartment to pay alone. Because of this I got even more ill and faced nearly losing my baby. Thankfully that didn’t happen, I recently gave birth to a beautiful boy! However this affected my uni work and I missed assignments. I am a single mum at the age of 21 My uni has been really supportive in helping complete my workHowever I do have one or two modules that say failed on my transcripts ( this is due to missed deadlines) from back in December/ January time. I really don’t want to fail uni or get an ordinary without honours How can I find out my overall grade without disappointment I cannot repeat my final year as I have a baby and live 100 miles away from my university Also how do I go about trying to redo work in time for graduation ? Is there anything I can do? Mitigating circumstances which can give me some leeway into completely these missed assignments from months ago? Any advice at all would really help
Start again but a briefer version.
1. Congratz on safe and healthy birth despite the bumpy ride.
2. The rules will be on your uni website about degree grading.
3. Normally its 360 credits for a degree. Pass every module.
4. If you dont have enough its ord degree or less. Your uni rules decide.
5. You need to learn and submit whatever your uni has as an ext circs claim.
6. Your department has discretion.
7. Normally its resit or retake capped at 40%. That could damage your degree grade.
8. What you need is to know and submit an ext circs claim to the department according to the rules, which may be form+ statement+ evidence.
9. Evidence is that which supports your case about events happened plus what you have been through.. Most important is medical top show why you missed deadlines etc.
10. Your depart seems to know, but people who dont know you may review as well.
11. See su adviser, talk to welfare team and personal tutor.
12. Seems depart at least knows.
13. Your degree stays for life, so instead of being capped what you want is the best grade possible as a different class of degree makes a big difference for you and your childs future.
14,. Your department has discretion, so choose the option that gives you the best chance for the best grade.
15. If you have finished all work and exams they may allow resubmission and no cap.
16. It may not be possible or wise to resubmit in time for graduation unless you can easily manage it now.
17. You may want to take longer till you get used to the child and are more yourself. Dont rush to a worse degree.
18. You can ask for a suspension of studies to give you a breather, weeks to a year.
19. Resubmit in the summer?
20. Cash out with a dip he and then do 3rd year at a different time.
21 Cant stress enough that if it means the difference between class of degree then go for the best even if it takes longer.
22. Put in a good application and see what your PT and the department are giving you feedback for.
23 Dont rush and it may be you cant graduate with friends, but your degree is more important. Next cycle is Winter/ Jan and then the Summer.
GL and postback if you get stuck. I think that covers most likely outcomes.