Glasgow vs Leeds for MSc Electronic & Electrical Engineering

Watch
Hamza N. S.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I am an international student and hold unconditional offers for both universities. Leeds is IET accredited whereas Glasgow is not but Glasgow is cheaper than Leeds. Kindly help me to make a good decision! Which uni is more prestigious for employers?
Thanks,
Hamza
ClairaSuzen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Who says Glasgow is not IET credited. Dude go through website again and see that Glasgow is best Scottish university for Electrical and electronics engineering more than Edinburgh!!!
Moreover, it is clearly written on the website that B.Eng and M.Eng courses are IET credited. They didn't write that for M.Sc. , so it is very unclear. M.Sc. maybe or maybe not IET accredited.

You should write an email to the department and ask before writing confirmatory statements here. This may lead you to falsification of truth defamation as well!

(Original post by Hamza N. S.)
Hi,
I am an international student and hold unconditional offers for both universities. Leeds is IET accredited whereas Glasgow is not but Glasgow is cheaper than Leeds. Kindly help me to make a good decision! Which uni is more prestigious for employers?
Thanks,
Hamza
Last edited by ClairaSuzen; 1 year ago
Hamza N. S.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey,

I am talking about MSc Electronic & Electrical Engineering and I have confirmed it by emailing to the university that this course is not IET accreditated. This course is of accreditable standards and has been accreditated before but now university chose not to accreditate it.

No doubt that Glasgow is one of the best if not the best epecially in this course. I am also tilted towards Glasgow but Leeds is also a good university (according to UK's national rankings better than Glasgow whereas Glasgow is better in global rankings) and its course is accreditated. Leeds became 4th in Electronic & Electrical Engineering whereas Glasgow is 5th (https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ic+Engineering). Basically I got confused because of this IET thing.

Thanks
ClairaSuzen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you please care to show me the email you got from them "stating that UoG is not IET credited" by forwarding on my email [email protected]. I am very much supporting UoG because of my seniors who had this particular subject which I too got.
And
Please; National Ranking sucks out big time (they are pretty much biased). Don't go for them I will suggest you; if you really wanna go for a subject ranking then look for QS Subject Ranking; THE Subject Ranking; ShangaiRankings of University for the subject ; US Global Education ranking of World Universities for the subject.

But in the end, I would be on your side that Leeds v/s Glasgow; indeed Leeds has over-placed Glasgow in every subject ranking which I mentioned above!!!

A non-accredited course means lesser graduate employability if you aren't concerned upon fetching job at University and want to pursue more higher education leading to PhD then non or IET hardly makes any difference. But if you want a job, then IET accreditation will play a heavy role.
Peace

(Original post by Hamza N. S.)
Hey,

I am talking about MSc Electronic & Electrical Engineering and I have confirmed it by emailing to the university that this course is not IET accreditated. This course is of accreditable standards and has been accreditated before but now university chose not to accreditate it.

No doubt that Glasgow is one of the best if not the best epecially in this course. I am also tilted towards Glasgow but Leeds is also a good university (according to UK's national rankings better than Glasgow whereas Glasgow is better in global rankings) and its course is accreditated. Leeds became 4th in Electronic & Electrical Engineering whereas Glasgow is 5th (https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ic+Engineering). Basically I got confused because of this IET thing.

Thanks
Last edited by ClairaSuzen; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads