The Student Room Group

Do you find studying enjoyable?

So I'm a first year at uni, and I'm really struggling to motivate myself to study because I find it so boring.
I don't enjoy my papers, and am planning on switching my degree, however, sometimes the content is really interesting, but I still don't enjoy studying it. Like uni just sucks the fun out of it.
I'm wondering whether this is just because of my courses overall being bad, or whether it has something to do with the way material is taught at uni not being a good way for me to learn.
What are everyone's thoughts? Do you enjoy studying your course material? Have you found that uni just makes things boring?
(edited 4 years ago)
I don't enjoy studying at all and i'm never motivated to do it but at the same time when i do actually study i'm very interested in the topic and want to read more. I really enjoy my course at uni but always procrastinate and lose attention when studying even though i love the subject. I hope i'm not the only one too

Have you thought about switching to a different degree and to one which you might find more interesting? If you find the degree boring you will most likely find the jobs associated with it boring and be miserable when you graduate
Reply 2
I love it, and this is probably why I have thus far been successful at it. If I stop enjoying it, I will probably leave my jobs and go do something else.
Reply 3
Oh right that's interesting. So how do you manage to motivate yourself to keep going with your degree?
Yeah, I didn't originally mention that, but I am going to switch next semester
Original post by Steph4
I don't enjoy studying at all and i'm never motivated to do it but at the same time when i do actually study i'm very interested in the topic and want to read more. I really enjoy my course at uni but always procrastinate and lose attention when studying even though i love the subject. I hope i'm not the only one too

Have you thought about switching to a different degree and to one which you might find more interesting? If you find the degree boring you will most likely find the jobs associated with it boring and be miserable when you graduate
Really depends how much you like a subject. For example I love maths, so I love doing lots & lots of problems no matter how tough it is. I hate geography and do the minimum really as I just need the required grade for Uni.
Original post by alicerm25
So I'm a first year at uni, and I'm really struggling to motivate myself to study because I find it so boring.
I don't enjoy my papers, and am planning on switching my degree, however, sometimes the content is really interesting, but I still don't enjoy studying it. Like uni just sucks the fun out of it.
I'm wondering whether this is just because of my courses overall being bad, or whether it has something to do with the way material is taught at uni not being a good way for me to learn.
What are everyone's thoughts? Do you enjoy studying your course material? Have you found that uni just makes things boring?
When I'm on a roll of productivity it becomes self-perpetuating and I guess enjoyable in a gratification sense.
I guess i hate studying and doing exams, but love the subject which then motivates me to study so i can finish my degree and do work that i love. I could have probably worded that better sorry
Original post by alicerm25
Oh right that's interesting. So how do you manage to motivate yourself to keep going with your degree?
Yeah, I didn't originally mention that, but I am going to switch next semester
Reply 7
ah I see... thanks for the reply
Original post by Steph4
I guess i hate studying and doing exams, but love the subject which then motivates me to study so i can finish my degree and do work that i love. I could have probably worded that better sorry
Original post by Steph4
I don't enjoy studying at all and i'm never motivated to do it but at the same time when i do actually study i'm very interested in the topic and want to read more.

i heavily relate to this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending