Transfer to King's College London from a different univerisity

Watch
OrionFlax
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is it possible to transfer to King's College London in an undergraduate course of BSc Computer Science from a different university which offers the same course but a different UCAS code like I100?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by OrionFlax)
Is it possible to transfer to King's College London in an undergraduate course of BSc Computer Science from a different university which offers the same course but a different UCAS code like I100?
The UCAS code isn't an issue. What matters is your prior academic performance. Kings will still expect you to have the same entry standards and they will need you to have covered the same first year work as their first years such that you can move on to the second year. The only way to find out is to ask Kings.
OrionFlax
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks a lot for clearing some doubts i had mate! I'll contact Kings like you said and hopefully if all goes to plan I'll be able to transfer in the second year.
x1x1x1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by OrionFlax)
Thanks a lot for clearing some doubts i had mate! I'll contact Kings like you said and hopefully if all goes to plan I'll be able to transfer in the second year.
Any luck?
Mamonoetas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I received a cs conditional offer from kcl, and I am from another Russell group uni( don't want to tell too much about my personal information, my mates may see this thread, but it is a uni that is capable to kcl, I just want to live in London), and I did not have A-level exam result ( from a foundation year) and when I submitted my application I did not mention my foundation grade also( kcl will not accept it anyway) .The thing is here Kcl gave me a conditional offer that asked me to get 60 overall in the first year.I hope this could help you.
Last edited by Mamonoetas; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mamonoetas)
I received a cs conditional offer from kcl, and I am from another Russell group uni( don't want to tell too much about my personal information, my mates may see this thread, but it is a uni that is capable to kcl, I just want to live in London), and I did not have A-level exam result ( from a foundation year) and when I submitted my application I did not mention my foundation grade also( kcl will not accept it anyway) .The thing is hear, Kcl gave me a conditional offer that asked me to get 60 overall in the first year.I hope this could help you.
offer for first or second year?
Mamonoetas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I have A-levels it will be 2nd year, but unfortunately I do not have them...so it is 1st year.
I received a cs conditional offer from kcl, and I am from another Russell group uni( don't want to tell too much about my personal information, my mates may see this thread, but it is a uni that is capable to kcl, I just want to live in London), and I did not have A-level exam result ( from a foundation year) and when I submitted my application I did not mention my foundation grade also( kcl will not accept it anyway) .The thing is h,ere Kcl gave me a conditional offer that asked me to get 60 overall in the first year.I hope this could help you.
(Original post by Anonymous)
offer for first or second year?
Ali40
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I have A-levels it will be 2nd year, but unfortunately I do not have them...so it is 1st year.
Hi,
I know this is an old thread from a few months ago, but I wanted to ask when you applied through UCAS, did you initially apply for second year, then they offered you first year? Or did you initially apply first year?

I'm asking cause I don't have A-levels either.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
I received a cs conditional offer from kcl, and I am from another Russell group uni( don't want to tell too much about my personal information, my mates may see this thread, but it is a uni that is capable to kcl, I just want to live in London), and I did not have A-level exam result ( from a foundation year) and when I submitted my application I did not mention my foundation grade also( kcl will not accept it anyway) .The thing is here Kcl gave me a conditional offer that asked me to get 60 overall in the first year.I hope this could help you.
Hi, I am considering the same uni for CS as well.
Can I ask in what period did you first emailed the uni about transferring?
uchiha01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hello, when did you apply? before the official normal ucas deadline or the January deadline?
Legiterspams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Did you apply for 1st year entry or 2nd year entry in UCAS? is it like you applied for 2nd year and got 1st year offer or you applied for 1st year?

Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zunaid Rafique)
Did you apply for 1st year entry or 2nd year entry in UCAS? is it like you applied for 2nd year and got 1st year offer or you applied for 1st year?
hey are you going to be applying for transfer as well? I will be applying for first year tho since i dont have the a level grades
Legiterspams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hey are you going to be applying for transfer as well? I will be applying for first year tho since i dont have the a level grades
I was planning to but finally I dint because I wanted Economics and kings business school dean’s assistant said they don’t consider 2nd yr and I have to start first again. But then I am international student so if i pay £28k a year i will be broke compared to £21k at all other. Also, its ranked very low for its economics so...

Where are you applying?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zunaid Rafique)
I was planning to but finally I dint because I wanted Economics and kings business school dean’s assistant said they don’t consider 2nd yr and I have to start first again. But then I am international student so if i pay £28k a year i will be broke compared to £21k at all other. Also, its ranked very low for its economics so...

Where are you applying?
I don't mind starting first year so I am going to apply for kings and restart first year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (266)
56.48%
I don't have everything I need (205)
43.52%

Watched Threads