Handwriting

Watch
ARoo92
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
As an adult it’s embarrassing to say that handwriting isn’t a skill that you’ve fully mastered.

My handwriting is between joined up and not. So my writing looks cursive but it’s not as I didn’t master it as a child. So overall it just looks messy.

Anyone have any tips for handwriting for adults 😂 📝🖋
username4626084
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, depends on what thing you’re writing. If you’re writing a technical or official stuffs, you’d prob need to type slow and think before you write. If you’re just writing notes or stuffs for yourself. You don’t have to write slow or anything, you usually care about finishing what you’re writing as fast as possible. It isn’t something hard I guess. You might just get a separate paper and try to write every letter with the shape you actually like. Write it as many time as you can. The purpose of this is write the thing in the form you like (good form) within a lesser time. The more you practise, the faster you write good. Ps you’re gonna take hours to write a formal thing if you’re trying for the first time.
It’s all about practise.

Hope it helps. This is how it works for me.

Name:  6AFABF6E-45D5-4B58-998F-3A73163FC6F6.jpg.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  13.5 KB

Name:  5D16A12A-AE18-4A91-85A5-CE3563CCA77A.jpg.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  14.9 KB

The first one is my brief notes, that I revise from. The second is my draft.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ARoo92)
As an adult it’s embarrassing to say that handwriting isn’t a skill that you’ve fully mastered.

My handwriting is between joined up and not. So my writing looks cursive but it’s not as I didn’t master it as a child. So overall it just looks messy.

Anyone have any tips for handwriting for adults 😂 📝🖋
Practice! There's no other shortcut or easy answer, I'm afraid. Take every opportunity you can to write stuff out by hand, even if it's things like 'to-do' lists or shopping lists Beautiful handwriting does take time to develop.

Also, get a good pen, preferably a fountain pen with the right sized nib for the size of your writing. No-one can write beautifully in a biro!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads