The Student Room Group

Danny Baker says he has been 'fired' over royal baby chimp tweet

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Wired_1800
I don't agree.

It doesn't matter what you think, only what other people think.
Original post by QE2
It doesn't matter what you think, only what other people think.

Ok
Original post by QE2
So you no longer claim that he is a racist.
My work here is done.

Oh, apparently not...
But Baker didn't post "a picture that referred to black people in a bad light", so I'm not sure why you've brought this John fella into the argument.

But you have presented two different scenarios. In Bakers case he posted a perfectly innocent, humorous image with a caption meant to poke fun at the class, privilege and media circus surrounding the royals. You saw a monkey and thought "ooh look, it's a black person" (which is where Baker's "diseased mind" comment comes from). Baker didn't. You made that connection.
In John's case, he posted an image that, in your words "portrayed homosexuals in a bad light".
If you think that a picture of a monkey "portrays black people" in any way, shape or form, then I would suggest that the problem is with you. I definitely don't think "black person" when I see a picture of a monkey. Shame on you!

Like I said, I think he is racist, but I am willing to give him another chance.

I have already explained the monkey reference, so i wont repeat it.
We hope for real progress in society. Hopefully, people don't suffer harshly for their errors. We should give everyone a second chance. Now, I hope people learn from Baker and think before posting things on social media.

Yup, Matthew Hopkins said something similar.
Original post by Good bloke
Yup, Matthew Hopkins said something similar.

This is different. We are not looking for witches.
Concentration camps? Why the extremism? We just want people to be considerate of others. I doubt you would want to be at uni or work with a racist, homophobe or anti-semite.

Well if that's the case, I perceive you to be inconsiderate, therefore you should be locked up. See how this works?
Original post by jameswhughes
Well if that's the case, I perceive you to be inconsiderate, therefore you should be locked up. See how this works?

I disagree. You are going extreme in order to deflect from the core message.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/11/00/13360620-7015969-image-a-17_1557529346706.jpg

'My go-to photo when any posh people have a baby is this absurd chimpanzee in a top hat leaving the hospital.

'Had it not been Meghan - perfectly good joke. I was trying to make a point about class and it's just preposterous.'

Speaking about the moment he was sacked, he told MailOnline: 'Basically they said to me 'you meant that tweet' I said to them 'you think so?

'And I said, 'well f*** you and f*** off'.

The cheeky monkey. :lol:
This is different. We are not looking for witches.

You will be looking to remove from gainful employment large proportions of Mohammedans (homophobes, sexists), Christians (homophobes), older people (racists, sexists, homophobes), probably including several of your own relatives.
Original post by Good bloke
You will be looking to remove from gainful employment large proportions of Mohammedans (homophobes, sexists), Christians (homophobes), older people (racists, sexists, homophobes), probably including several of your own relatives.

The vast majority of people, I think, are not racist or homophobic. Also people learn to improve their ways. For example, it used to common to openly call a black person the N word. Now, you would be foolish to do so. This is because of our progress as society.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending