Nexplanon (implant) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've had the implant for a few short months now, and I have of course had to deal with the side effects of continous spotting, mood swings, random facial acne, weight gain etc. I am unhappy with the weight increase. I use to be able to lose weight in a week from fasting, however since the implant it seems no longer a possibility and it's heavily upsetting me. Has anyone had the implant or still does have it, and has been able to lose weight? x
PetitePanda
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I recently got the implant too and I want to know this too because I’ve been able to exercise and i don’t know if it will affect the amount of weight I lose.

I used to fast last year - it was one my worst regret - and I think it is unhealthy for your body no offence. In my experience, you gain more weight when u start to eat afterwards. Were you okay? I’m sorry if I offend you.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks for the response. I'm usually fine after fasting, at least I was last year. However now with the implant I think im just getting fatter. I'm eating loads more. I don't know if that's due to stress of exams, period cravings or what. I do definitely think the implant is the worst thing to do to yourself.
(Original post by PetitePanda)
I recently got the implant too and I want to know this too because I’ve been able to exercise and i don’t know if it will affect the amount of weight I lose.

I used to fast last year - it was one my worst regret - and I think it is unhealthy for your body no offence. In my experience, you gain more weight when u start to eat afterwards. Were you okay? I’m sorry if I offend you.
PetitePanda
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for the response. I'm usually fine after fasting, at least I was last year. However now with the implant I think im just getting fatter. I'm eating loads more. I don't know if that's due to stress of exams, period cravings or what. I do definitely think the implant is the worst thing to do to yourself.
I’m having second doubts about the implant but it’s mostly fear from people asking about it. What other things have you experienced?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've had the implant for a few short months now, and I have of course had to deal with the side effects of continous spotting, mood swings, random facial acne, weight gain etc. I am unhappy with the weight increase. I use to be able to lose weight in a week from fasting, however since the implant it seems no longer a possibility and it's heavily upsetting me. Has anyone had the implant or still does have it, and has been able to lose weight? x
Pop to your GP or a pharmacist and ask for advice on how to manage the weight gain. They can offer you really good advice for managing it and how to keep you at your preferred weight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (508)
26.54%
The paper was reasonable (829)
43.31%
Not feeling great about that exam (374)
19.54%
It was TERRIBLE (203)
10.61%

Watched Threads