GDL university with better prospects of landing pupillage and BPTC in near future? Watch

GMSHAH
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi. I graduated with a B.A in Economics from University of Nottingham in 2015. I have been working in the family business ever since. However I feel like law is my calling and would like to convert through GDL. I would want to continue onto the BPTC course as soon as I complete GDL. Which university is favourable for GDL in terms of resources/help to get into BPTC and land a pupillage? Also which would be prestigious university as in employers give it higher value?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by GMSHAH)
Hi. I graduated with a B.A in Economics from University of Nottingham in 2015. I have been working in the family business ever since. However I feel like law is my calling and would like to convert through GDL. I would want to continue onto the BPTC course as soon as I complete GDL. Which university is favourable for GDL in terms of resources/help to get into BPTC and land a pupillage? Also which would be prestigious university as in employers give it higher value?
The GDLs not like that, it doesn’t matter which Uni you do it at or whether you go to a private provider like the University of Law or BPP
anthonysamuels
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Just a quick dissent. City Law School in London definitely appears to be the most respected amongst London-based sets. It's much more tailored to the Bar, and if you look at top profiles of tenants at chambers, GDLers tend to predominantly have attended City—it's perceived the most "academic", has lots of good networking evenings with sets and has lingering cachet from its previous incarnation as the Inns of Court Law Schoo. Outside of London, Nottingham Trent appears to have the reputation as the most academic. But harrysbar is mostly right, that it doesn't seem to make a huge difference where you go.
Last edited by anthonysamuels; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed